Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was talking to a friend of mine that works for a large city on the east coast of FL. He was telling me that it's very difficult to get a promotion because blacks get 5 points extra on exams because they are black.
I know when I was in the military that blacks also got free points for promotional exams.

I thought America did away with AA for AA's. Also, I thought blx are equal to whites. If they are then why do they get free points to even the playing field.

We all know that blx are physically superior to whites when it comes to sports. So if white are intellectually superior to blx and blx are given points to make it fair then shouldn't whites be given a 5 second head start when competing against blx in sports?

I mean what's fair is fair. right?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Affirmative Action is not a thing of the past, actually today, it's more popular now than ever. They don't call it AA anymore, it's now referred to as Racial Equity.

·
Registered
38,720 Posts
Discrimination is permitted in order to create more "Diversity". So the old "quota" systems are alive and well.

"Diversity" is the new catch-phrase.

Remember minorities howl for "equality" and "equal treatment" until the second they get it then it immediately becomes "discrimination" and not "fair".

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Something that was sold to the public as good intent that has bad intent behind it. The underlying intent shines through more times than not. But people still push....looking for the very few that become the good intent from it. Then, taught that it works. Typical good thing that turns to shit most of the time. So what else is new?

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
I wouldn't work for a company that promotes on any other grounds than merit. Even tenure-based promotions are bullshit.

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
I wouldn't work for a company that promotes on any other grounds than merit. Even tenure-based promotions are bullshit.
Do you ask HR upfront before you're hired about their promotion policies to avoid finding out after you actually start to work there?

Just wondering.......

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Sheeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

·
Registered
274 Posts
I Was talking to a friend of mine that works for a large city on the east coast of FL. He was telling me that it's very difficult to get a promotion because blacks get 5 points extra on exams because they are black.
I know when I was in the military that blacks also got free points for promotional exams.

I thought America did away with AA for AA's. Also, I thought blx are equal to whites. If they are then why do they get free points to even the playing field.

We all know that blx are physically superior to whites when it comes to sports. So if white are intellectually superior to blx and blx are given points to make it fair then shouldn't whites be given a 5 second head start when competing against blx in sports?

I mean what's fair is fair. right?
The only reason I'm even commenting on this racist BS is because you brought the military into this. I actually served in the military and nobody got "free points" on exams because of their race. That's pure BS.:(

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discrimination is permitted in order to create more "Diversity". So the old "quota" systems are alive and well.

"Diversity" is the new catch-phrase.

Remember minorities howl for "equality" and "equal treatment" until the second they get it then it immediately becomes "discrimination" and not "fair".
The only people who actually want "equal treatment" or "equal pay for equal work" are people who actually work. Everyone else wants their pay to be propped up by those doing the work.

Regardless of race, gender, or age, being the right person for the job should mean something. Not that it does, but it should.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
The only reason I'm even commenting on this racist BS is because you brought the military into this. I actually served in the military and nobody got "free points" on exams because of their race. That's pure BS.:(

Ditto. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with that experience. Of course, that was a long time ago for me, so I wasn't sure if things had perhaps changed. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
You are dead wrong^^^^

Retired Air Force Officer.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
the last city civil service test I took "they" got 10 points, military got 10 pts firefighters got 10 pts. I started 30 points down and still placed 38th out of a few thousand.
So I am smarter than I think or there are a lot of dumb phucks out there.
The out come was they took the top 35 and regave the test, which I did not bother to retake.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
Do you ask HR upfront before you're hired about their promotion policies to avoid finding out after you actually start to work there?

Just wondering.......

I haven't seriously explored alternative employment in quite some time, but it is absolutely a question I would ask in an interview. I don't ask to be hired, I negotiate employment agreements.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts