Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that all cars are different and all chassis work different. I have adjustable QA1's all around on my car and im wondering how everyone has theres adjusted? I have the front as stiff as they will go and the rear set in the middle.... Ive never really messed with them and i know there is a ton of improvement if i play with the adjustments.... My car is a 3350lbs ladder bar nitrous car with MT 33x10.5w tire, the trans is a Powerglide and im hosing it out of the gate.... What do you guys have your shocks adjusted to for best performance??

Corey

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts
Tie a zip tie on the shock shaft. Move it all the way to the shock body before your run. After your run see how far the shocks compressed. It will most likely be a little uneven. It should be close to the end of the stroke of the shock. Usually start at 50/50 and work from there. The one compressing more (if it is) will need to be stiffened a little more. The extension will depend on the track and how bumpy it is without sacrificing the leave.

Fronts will depend on the amount of travel.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tie a zip tie on the shock shaft. Move it all the way to the shock body before your run. After your run see how far the shocks compressed. It will most likely be a little uneven. It should be close to the end of the stroke of the shock. Usually start at 50/50 and work from there. The one compressing more (if it is) will need to be stiffened a little more. The extension will depend on the track and how bumpy it is without sacrificing the leave.

Fronts will depend on the amount of travel.

Damn thats a good idea! Who taught you that? I dont care what silver says about you your not too bad!

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts
so the fronts can only be adjusted by seeing 60ft after every adjustment??

You will judge the fronts by how much it assists the front tires to leave the ground. If too high.. stiffen.. if too low.. soften.. Now you dont wanna soften them so much that your car goes down the track at a 45* angle lol... if the car still wheel stands with the shocks totally tight.. you will need front end limiters. If you get to the 1" area they are pretty much useless at that point..

BTW for the rears: if you dont have a zip tie in the trailer.. Use grease... :p Yep grease the shaft.. just not your own..

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts
BTW while Im thinking (going out to smoke some weed soon)

If there is a big rubber stop at the end of the shock (koni has big ones on) the zip tie should touch off on it.. If they are smaller also let it touch off. I ended up cutting the Koni ones 1/2 way down to get more travel..

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will judge the fronts by how much it assists the front tires to leave the ground. If too high.. stiffen.. if too low.. soften.. Now you dont wanna soften them so much that your car goes down the track at a 45* angle lol... if the car still wheel stands with the shocks totally tight.. you will need front end limiters. If you get to the 1" area they are pretty much useless at that point..

BTW for the rears: if you dont have a zip tie in the trailer.. Use grease... :p Yep grease the shaft.. just not your own..

Ive already put limiters on and i only have like 2" of travel in the front suspension, also i have a wheelie bar. Should i leave them in middle adjustment???

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW while Im thinking (going out to smoke some weed soon)

If there is a big rubber stop at the end of the shock (koni has big ones on) the zip tie should touch off on it.. If they are smaller also let it touch off. I ended up cutting the Koni ones 1/2 way down to get more travel..

lol, mine do have the big rubber stops....

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts
Ive already put limiters on and i only have like 2" of travel in the front suspension. Should i leave them in middle adjustment???
I always just used the limiter to control a wheel stand.. The front shocks stayed at full stiff the whole time and never adjusted.. The rear shocks depending on the track.. But mostly I adjust the extension..

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I always just used the limited to control a wheel stand.. The front shocks stayed at full stiff the whole time and never adjusted.. The rear shocks depending on the track.. But mostly I adjust the extension..

cool! ill let you know how much the car improves on 60ft.... You da man.... :supz:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts