Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm running a set of canfield heads w/jesels which have been ported very well on a 408 SBF with a F1R (18lbs -/+). Great heads but I just need to step up to something with more flow. I've been told a set of the High Ports would bolt right on with no piston or other issues due to the inline design.

Would a set of victors (part number 610969) bolt on as well?

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/cylheads/ford/sb_victor2.shtml

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yes, Victors will work as well. I think the lifters on the intake side need to be offset. Don't hold me to it though....

High ports are a good head as well.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so there may be some changes that are needed for Victors. Where as the High Ports will bolt right on. Thanks

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I don't think either will bolt right on. The HP valves are moved in from the cylinder walls and the victor is a 15* head. Don't think your current pistons will work with either. That is with out fly cutting

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. what size high port would you go with when trying to feed a 408 with a F1R (18 lbs +/-)

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
twisted wedge are moved high ports are straight up.
You may want to check on that one. I just got off the phone with Kuntz & Co Monday he told me the HP valves are moved in closer to one another.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
thanks guys. what size high port would you go with when trying to feed a 408 with a F1R (18 lbs +/-)
Canfield is pretty much a copy of a highport, will bolt right on, and your shaft rocker kit think should still work too. as long as Canfield didnt move the 7/16 holes in rocker pad vs. highports. Yes Highport intake valve is moved away from cylinder wall toward bore center some, so is the Canfield

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Canfield is pretty much a copy of a highport, will bolt right on, and your shaft rocker kit think should still work too. as long as Canfield didnt move the 7/16 holes in rocker pad vs. highports. Yes Highport intake valve is moved away from cylinder wall toward bore center some, so is the Canfield
Thanks Sam I know they told me they would not work on the same pistons as afr 225

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good info

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Thanks Sam I know they told me they would not work on the same pistons as afr 225
Correct. AFR doesnt have the intake valve moved away fro mcyl. wall like highport, one ofthe reasons it will never be the head a highport is.

TFS highport, Canfield and Brodix track 1 are either the same or very close.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts