Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I don"t consider myself to be one... and expert, that is... but been doing alot of reading and thinking on the flooring of your systems and was wondering, what scales do you guys use?

·
-----------------
3,683 Posts
i think he meant flowing! some people cant fuckin spell, yet they want to ask questions on sophisticated processes!!!

·
-----------------
3,683 Posts
oh and its GURU'S not gooroos MOOROON! lol

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
crack scales........just kiddin!

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Good question. The nitrous side can be tested with a scale and timer setup. I'm told the fuel side can be more tricky. Maybe Steve and Monte can explain how they do it?

·
-----------------
3,683 Posts
i understand your question, but they dont flow the system per say. but i would also be interested in knowing how they measure the fuel.

·
RED ROCKET
8,632 Posts
how to floor it may be trade secret....i have a fish scale that i hook to my pedal to see how much it takes to floor it..

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Mash that bitch through the firewall....that's how you floor it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What a thread! lol

I would like to hear what Steve and Monte will tell about how they flow a system.

·
Super Moderator
12,136 Posts
As far as flowing these systems and componenets we use flow meters that measure in pounds per hour to give us our numbers. The fuels the easy side. ;) I had my fuel flow meters built a long time ago and have worked on a few different ones for the nitrous side as we have grown.

Actually getting a Racepak very soon to replace the Quik Data and help collect even more info as well. When I get the Racepak in place I will be looking at another turbine style flow meter I want to try for the nitrous as well.. I'm always trying to make things better and be able to collect as much info as possible.. Thanks, SJ

·
Trevor Stripling
1,508 Posts
It takes an expensive mass flow meter to get an accurate flow measurement on the nitrous side. Pressure, temperature and composition all play into accurate mass flow calculations (or lbs/hr).

Do any of you nitrous guys actually flow the nitrous through one of these mass flow meters? Or do you simply weight the bottle?

Trevor

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
It takes an expensive mass flow meter to get an accurate flow measurement on the nitrous side. Pressure, temperature and composition all play into accurate mass flow calculations (or lbs/hr).

Do any of you nitrous guys actually flow the nitrous through one of these mass flow meters? Or do you simply weight the bottle?

Trevor

How much can a meter like that cost? I assume it would be computer monitored.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,508 Posts
In the thousands. Most have on board computers that do all the calcs and output the flow reading along with temperature, pressure and density.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts