Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may need to change heads to get me into mid to low 5's. Well right now I have a set of tfs tw 185cc heads flowing [email protected] lift. I love my stepped kooks headers that are made for the tw heads. My question is, are there any better flowing heads that will work with the kooks? I'd rather not have to sell them. Will an adapter plate work? Thanks

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts
Kooks header suck. Unless you have money to flush down the drain.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really. I think they are made with quality. But that isnt really what I need to know.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The adapter plates I've used do the oppisite of what you want-they convert a standard ex. flange to a diagonal flanged header like the R's have.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I might be interested in the headers if it is for a 9.5 deck. I have a set of TW heads that flow almost or over 300 at 600 lift also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an 8.2 deck. So is there another head I can use with these headers then? I guess if I can't I will just have the heads race ported. Tfs said the best they have seen a set flow is 325cfm. Is that enough to get my 3175lb stang into the low-mid 5s? Thanks

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Problem I see is the narrow pattern. Most of the really bad ass SBF heads have an exhaust port that eats up the spot where that hole would be.

This is an AFR225 outlaw head exhaust port. You could still use the narrow flange, but it's pretty thin. You can see how they work around the narrow bolt pattern. I've seen these where an aluminum rod is permanently installed and then the port opened further. Also, I'd wonder how your headers would match up even if you used this as it is?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I see what your saying. So it looks as if I'll be having to take the heads off and see if I have any room to grow.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Lou this may be the wrong thinking but I would think just about all machine shops could drill and tap holes for the wide pattern. If that is true then he would just need to cut the flange on the header and reweld a new one on right? Maybe I'm totally wrong here and maybe I'm thinking it is easier then what it is.

·
Registered
924 Posts
yea, i would inspect and reseach the header flange.cut and weld a new flang to the header tah meets your new head design.been there,done that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts