Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to order injector bosses from? I am thinking on converting a Parker Funnel Web to a EFI intake on my turbo car. Does anyone have any thoughts good or bad on doing this. It is a 347ci motor with Victor Jr heads and a Holley Systemmax II intake with a 78HPSH turbo on it. The Funnel Webb sure would make running the valves a lot easier. Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Raceparts solutions sells the boss' and rails. I was going to do the same with my parker but ended up picking up a edelbrock super victor efi...just an idea.

·
Registered
632 Posts
yeah a buddy of mine just bought a new intake set up for efi instead of converting his parker intake. prolly come out cheaper too

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
Depending on your application, I'm not sure I would recommend switching to that type of intake.

Just keep this in mind - your low/mid range torque will probably drop way off and your engine will struggle getting up on boost unless you get a way looser converter.

I changed from an Edelbrock RPM II to the TFS R-Box. It was hell to get the car up on boost with the same converter and the car had to leave much higher rpm with more boost to get the same 60ft. The peak power was up slightly but the ET/MPH did not show any real improvement. This is because the "area under the power curve" was virtually the same but I had to shift higher (6800) to make the car run. Before I would shift at 6400 rpm.

Peak power is no necessarily the most important factor. I went back to the RPM II manifold and am much happier with that. I do drive my car on the street a lot so the low/mid range difference is important for that reason also.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
with that size turbo, you'll be much better off keeping the systemax. if for some reason you're set on using a carb style intake, it will be cheaper for you to sell the parker and just buy the victor with the bungs already cast into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts