Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running at Miami's Countyline 1/8 mile track finding at the 1/2 - 3/4 mark at the track you are getting loose? I heard some others were experiencing this, and I'm wondering if it's due to a lack of track prep (rubber) down there on the long end. It's almost as if you are racing on regular street surface towards the finish line. Just trying to see if it's a track thing or something else. I finally barely mustered a 6.12 @ 112 lifting at the end @ 12lbs boost.

I'm running a heavy small tire car that needs decent track prep in order to hook in the first place.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Anybody running at Miami's Countyline 1/8 mile track finding at the 1/2 - 3/4 mark at the track you are getting loose? I heard some others were experiencing this, and I'm wondering if it's due to a lack of track prep (rubber) down there on the long end. It's almost as if you are racing on regular street surface towards the finish line. Just trying to see if it's a track thing or something else. I finally barely mustered a 6.12 @ 112 lifting at the end @ 12lbs boost.

I'm running a heavy small tire car that needs decent track prep in order to hook in the first place.
I think you answered your question. The track used to be a touch and go airstrip, and I think it was basically started to give the street cars a safe place to race, and off the streets. I spoke to a dude saturday night with a cool mustang, had a blowthrough setup in it. We talked about the car getting loose at the same spot on the track, was that you? I suggested raising the rear tire pressure a little more. I was with my buddy and his silver regal.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you answered your question. The track used to be a touch and go airstrip, and I think it was basically started to give the street cars a safe place to race, and off the streets. I spoke to a dude saturday night with a cool mustang, had a blowthrough setup in it. We talked about the car getting loose at the same spot on the track, was that you? I suggested raising the rear tire pressure a little more. I was with my buddy and his silver regal.
Yeah, that was me. It seemed lowering the boost worked the best. I also ended up at 11lbs in the slicks. I remember talking to you, and you mentioned this board, so I figured I would post on it if there were people that race out there on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts