Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it illegal ie wrong to notch the strut towers in a 1993 and up Trans Am!! so that you can fit a tall deck BBC in it? Everything is the same stock mounting points ETC ETC.

IS it illegal to cut the front window back so you can fit a BBC in as well?

Rules in NMCA in general!! I know Orsca lets everything go!!

I mean I already checked this out but just want to make sure I am right LOL
I think its ok I just heard from some experts LOL that you cant do this LOL!!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean I was worried real bad these guys said I cant race now and I ruined my car LOL O SHIT NO NO NO If this is so Jeff I want my minny bike and CPU back u big dummy LOL

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
I wouldn't see why not.since mine is like that and i did yours like that already.I have seen other cars in NMCA done like that.Hell if you can run a fiberglass front clip with no inner fenders why couldn't you notch your stuff?Don't listen to someone that doesn't have a car to race.Just build the car the way you want to.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
U did it on purpose Jeff to illiminate me so I cant race ur affraid. I knew I was in trouble when u had the hack saw in your hand UGGG..

Actually its gonna be real funny when someone tries to say I am not legal at Norwalk next year!!! Since the 10.5 class they ar3e talking about having will have about 6 cars in it they will beg me to race!!!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can generally notch the strut towers as long as the mounting point and 75-80 % of the tower remains stock.
I dont know these experts know alot they say otherwise!!! Who should I belive I just dont know!!! I guess Ill break out a pic and u all can be the judge!!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
U did it on purpose Jeff to illiminate me so I cant race ur affraid. I knew I was in trouble when u had the hack saw in your hand UGGG..

Actually its gonna be real funny when someone tries to say I am not legal at Norwalk next year!!! Since the 10.5 class they ar3e talking about having will have about 6 cars in it they will beg me to race!!!
Tell us more about the outlaw 10.5 class Norwalk is talking about? Who is working on the rules? What other classes are they thinking about having?

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10.5 class and a DR class!!! I thought I heard rules were gonna be the same so lets look and see

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if they are the same as Milans rules than well LOL There isnt no rule about anything and tube chassis cars are allowed!! So whoever said I cant notch my strut towers is a flamming idiot You cant notch strut towers but you can have a tube chassis LOL

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So please someone chime in and say that isnt legal LOL LOL:finga:

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that modification is so much worse than having a tube chassis it gives me such an advantage I feel bad so I wont race my car now!!! I can fix up my house some more instead!! Just got all kinds of flowers instead of car parts LOL

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well so let me get this straight!!! I can race Milan 10.5 I can race NMCA but I cant race NMCA with my alchy so who cares... I can race everywhere else in the country but someone says I cant race Norwalk LOL OK LOL LOL!!

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
I thought Norwalk was letting 2x3 frame cars run Outlaw Street at Norwalk.I don't see a reason why you couldn't notch strut towers as long as you have stock mounting points.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts