Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you happy with your setup or do u wish you would have gone Procharger or turbo? Any heat issues? For months now i have flipflopped back and forth trying to decide what i want to build as i dont want to spend the money twice. I am thinking going with an injection system either way i go.

thanks

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
Are you happy with your setup or do u wish you would have gone Procharger or turbo? Any heat issues? For months now i have flipflopped back and forth trying to decide what i want to build as i dont want to spend the money twice. I am thinking going with an injection system either way i go.

thanks

what application?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What goals performance wise and appearance wise will make "you happy"? It's your car, you need to decide. Race car....street car......dual purpose.....10 second .....8 second......they can all get you there.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ProStreet 67 Camaro. Got a Moser M9 w 3.89 and wavetrac. Right now i have a 454bbc with NOS. It will run a High 10. I am trying to decide to build that or step up to a 540-555 cu motor. I do mostly car shows and cruise ins and hit the track mabye 6 times a year. Definetly want to be in the 900-1100hp range.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about E-85, but only concern is finding a place to get it if i want to go to a show or race out of town. I dont have a trailer so i drive it where i need to go.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
I thought about E-85, but only concern is finding a place to get it if i want to go to a show or race out of town. I dont have a trailer so i drive it where i need to go.

from 2009:

For consumers who support E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) and drive a flex-fuel vehicle, E85 became a little easier to find today when the 2,000th E85 pump opened today in Davie, Florida a suburb of Miami. The station is owned by U-Gas, which has brought most of the E85 infrastructure to Florida. As part of the celebration, the station offered E85 for $1.00 a gallon at not only this station, but all stations where U-Gas sells E85.
Source: Gas 2.0 (http://s.tt/12A6v)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I had an F2 on my Camaro and changed to a Roots deal. With the Procharger the car ran great and I never had any cooling issues. The problem was I wanted something that was a lot more visual and I changed to a 10/71 blower. I had nothing but problems with cooling and the way the car ran so I sent the motor to the local blower 'guru' to get freshened and change to a 14/71. He managed to make LESS power with the bigger blower> I took the motor off his dyno snd took it right to the guy who did my super reliable Procharger motor. We took it apart and it looked like my 4 yr old assembled the thing. Soooo I bought a PSI 206B and we're gonna try that now. The moral of the story is choose wisely because any way you go is $$$$. I loved how the PC ran but am hoping that the screw run just as cool and look awesome. There is really nothing that looks better than a big ol blower hanging out of the hood.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quoted for truth
and thats how i feel...just concerned about heat and reaching my power goals while still running pump gas. If i go roots, i will upgrade the rotors for sure. Would i be safe in assuming if i go injected vs carb i will save about 4" in height?

·
Registered
515 Posts
put a whipple on it done deal but whipple tech is no help

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not too familiar with the Whipples, do they tend to be less heat and more power then The Blower Shop or BDS?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Mine's not quite that tall:

I like your filter and mine is even with the roof from using a 4" A/W intercooler.My temps at 10% OD were 270*F IAT and with tap water thay are 130*. dont have a heat exchanger in yet so once the water gets hot it is only goot for washing hands or coffee.

·
Registered
515 Posts
whipple makes plenty of power for your app. and way less heat. you would love it but don't expect much help except here.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts