Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What first gear ratio (Planetary gear-set) are you running? Would prefer to get an answer from guys running F-2's or F3's. Thanks...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Call Jason Gatlin at ATF 866-916-1155
he will help you out he has Jim blair car running real good SBF with F3 with power glide .He also has his own gear drive for Pro Chargers. He is also making Converters too . He is great guy and will help you out

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call Jason Gatlin at ATF 866-916-1155
he will help you out he has Jim blair car running real good SBF with F3 with power glide .He also has his own gear drive for Pro Chargers. He is also making Converters too . He is great guy and will help you out
thanks!

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking I might have made a bad call... had 1.80 and just made the switch to 1.69!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
1.80 here with 364ci, gear driven F2. My car is hard enough to hook up off the line so I couldnt imagine trying to do it with anything lower. I would also think it depend's on how your gearing the blower and the rear gear's, converter also.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
1.80 here with 364ci, gear driven F2. My car is hard enough to hook up off the line so I couldnt imagine trying to do it with anything lower. I would also think it depend's on how your gearing the blower and the rear gear's, converter also.
Wouldn't the 1.69 planetary actually scrub off some torque at the line (compared to a 1.80) making it easier to hook???

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Wouldn't the 1.69 planetary actually scrub off some torque at the line (compared to a 1.80) making it easier to hook???
Exactly! Now, if it were to break the tires loose, they will spin up some serious MPH. :)

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
With a F2? I doubt it but maybe he will let us know.
It would be like launching in a gear higher than first if you had a 1.69 vs a 1.80. You'd be that much closer to launching in high gear. You would lose torque at the launch.

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
What first gear ratio (Planetary gear-set) are you running? Would prefer to get an answer from guys running F-2's or F3's. Thanks...

There aren't many that can take the abuse. We ran a 1.80 with our F3 135 procharged deal.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts