Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is an acceptable age to let your kids play outside without sitting in the lawn chair watching them?? Im not talking about leaving them alone while going to the gas station for a soda... Im talking about you inside while they are outside..

I know location is a factor, but generally speaking..... If I lived out in the country, they would have full access to the world. And if we lived in the middle of down town, I would be out there watching...

Vanilla

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
We live in a very nice beach community, The only way we let our 7 year old play outside without our supervision is if he's playing with some of his friends up the street, But then again their parents are supervising them. In todays society you can NEVER be to safe, specially when it comes to your Children.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
149 Posts
my daughter was 5-6 only allowed in front of our house pretty much or in front of either neighbor house. no road and i like to always have my windows open. i will tell you me doing this has pretty much made my house the hangout for all the little kids wich i dont mind until there to close to my cars. id rather have them here then somewhere else.

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
I'd say about 6-7 generally. Depending on the kid and the location like you said.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
my daughter was 5-6 only allowed in front of our house pretty much or in front of either neighbor house. no road and i like to always have my windows open. i will tell you me doing this has pretty much made my house the hangout for all the little kids wich i dont mind until there to close to my cars. id rather have them here then somewhere else.

Why the front yard? Usually kitchens and family rooms are on the back and wouldn't the front yard be easier for someone to grab them and get away?

I think 18 also.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,661 Posts
I'M A LITTLE PROTECTIVE.....I TRY TO BE AROUND THEM ALMOST ALWAYS...... EVEN NOW............I'VE SEEN SOME FOLKS LEAVE 4 YEAR OLDS ALONE.....IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR RAISING

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
mine is 7 and she can play in the front yard, my house is older and the living room is in front. I have the windows open or the front door open and she makes a lot of noise. if it gets quiet I am at the door checking on her. I live on a private dead end road and still keep an eye on her. In this society you can never be too safe, and would rather be safe then sorry.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,840 Posts
Nilla whatever you decide to do weather your inside or out.....ALWAYS & I MEAN ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR THEM! There are some SICK FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT out there. One of them tried to pick up my Daughter a few years ago! THANK GOD! she knew what to do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its the front or back id rather them be in front the whole front of my house is my living room with 6 windows and when there all open I can hear everything.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mine are 6 and 8. They stay tight. I need to hear or see them. They can ride thier bikes on the street unsupervised within a given range as we live in a no sidewalk neighborhood. I trust my kids 100%. It is the others I do not trust. The are given a specific bike riding range as that correlates equally with my pistol shooting range. I will let them step out as age dictates and I transfer to a dedicated rifle.

·
Registered
51,346 Posts
I'M A LITTLE PROTECTIVE.....I TRY TO BE AROUND THEM ALMOST ALWAYS...... EVEN NOW............I'VE SEEN SOME FOLKS LEAVE 4 YEAR OLDS ALONE.....IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR RAISING
THAT....I mean....that.

Depends where you live and the surroundings as well as the child. They are all different and all locations are different.

Mine is 9, I live out in the boondoggles so there is almost no outide threat and I still keep an eye out CONSTANTLY. It's just how i'm wired I guess.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think my boy was 8 or 9 before I would let him out of my site riding his bike. Could not leave the neiborhood til he was 11 or 12. I'm over-protectant, but glad I was.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts