Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that run in the all-motor, 10.5, and Run-What-Ya-Brung classes . I was wondering if you mind running for the small payouts at Milan. I know it's good money, but considering what you put into your cars, is it worth it? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
You need three thing's to get cars out good payout's ,good spectator turnout, and a great track to race on they are local and have two out of three on the first friday of every month and they pack that place because of it, I would like to see better payout's but I don't think they would be able to get everyone into the track then

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
It's cheap to enter and the fans are awsome. I get to race and sleep in my own bed later that night. Life is good at Milan Dragway!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I dont race these, but I think the "show-off" factor in front of the packed stands is enough motivation to be there. not to mention its some of the best side by side racing around.

and besides if your in it to make money... you chose the wrong sport. ;) :lol:

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Well... that's why I haven't been to a race yet. Can't afford to race for free when I'm not competitive. Every race costs me 500 bucks in valve springs.

Maybe next year if I build an engine more suited for the class.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We use that race for a good test session on a good track and enjoy the people it's not alway about the money. If your in to drag racing to make money you have lost your mind. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'll be finising my junk soon & I can hardly wait to participate in the N/A class next year. It's all about the party, not the cash.

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
For the Fun of it for sure.

Watching the Team of Butch Kemp, Chris Poli and Chris U., Along with the Team of Lane L., Darrin Mag, with Crew Chiefs Dave P. and Rich. with all those other mid to low 9 second cars. Is some Great Ass Racing. I watch Them for Months.

When Brian Hable(Utlimate Team Performance) call me and Said we got 2 1/2 weeks to get a car together for the next race.(Long Silence) I said let's do it!
With 3 hours before the Start of the Event the Shark came to Life. We were still 90 miles away. Got ther in time to miss first round of Qualifying :cry:
Weighted the Car it was Light. kissed second round goodbye.
Last Qualifier 9.07 I damned near passed out. Great Job of Driving by Dennis k.
Got to Love this Chit :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts