Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foxbody mustang. I had stock front and rear brakes last year with a UPR manual kit. I believe this is a 15/16 bore master.I never modded my pedal. It stopped OK. This year I changed to Strange front brakes and kept the stock rear drums. I have read several places and searched about moving my pivot point to gain leverage. Some places say 2in and some say 1.250. I know I need to move the pedal to the lower hole in the pedal box.

Those who did this did you leave the pedal the same length and just move the pivot up? Seems like the pedal will hang down quite a bit. Ive built several Factory Five Cobras and they have you cut and shorten the pedal to get the lengths the same as stock after moving to the lower hole.

Will my master work with the Strange fronts and drum rears?

·
Registered
192 Posts
What has worked for me and what I did on my personal car is drill the pedal 2" down from the pivot point of the pedal arm. Leave the pedal in the factory pivot location. This along with a 1 1/8" bore mopar style master cylinder and Strange brakes all the way around and it works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts