Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the going rate or what would you expect to get a new car built, customer supplies the steel body 67 camaro roller.... so ur building a full tube chassis car, 25.2, strut front end, outlaw 4 link rear suspension, rearend housing, wish bone antiroll bar, all the sheet metal work, floors tunnels rear sheet metal section, door panels etc...all lexan, wing, parachutes, engine and trans mounts, driveshaft loops, new headers and exhaust, install fiberglass dash front clip doors etc, all fuel cell mounts battery mounts fuel pump mounts etc...with all saftey equipt....basically a top of the line roller...minus wiring and engine/trans....parts, labor, powdercoating everything...i know this is still a pretty vague estimate, but im just about done with this build and ive tracked the hours my the minute so im curious to see were im at with other shops. Thanks for your help/comments

10-20k
20-25k
25-30k
35-40k
40-45k
45-50k
50-55k
55-60k

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
North of50

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When you break down all the time you spend on a complete build and divide it by the $ you can charge it comes out to 8 bucks an hr :(. At least thats how it is for us. I will do cages all day long :D
aint that the truth. and it's still more than they want to pay. LOL.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Not nowhere near enough!. . I am doing one now that is 25.1e and double frame rail. I am doing it by quote. So like Doug said $8 hr. lol. Not many in my area are gonna say build it and keep up with time and material until done. Don't get me wrong I like the from nothing to a complete car but they take too long but sometimes its a pride thing. Ok getting off soap box now.;)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me and my guys carry stop watches, while we are working on a car the watch is running. if we stop for a break or to answer phone etc. we stop the watch. then we do our paper work at the end of the day. Then i enter it in my quick books so its some what easy to keep track of. I have found more money in just keepin track of stuff!

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
GT 350 will be in here any minute saying he can do it for $400.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it took some getting used to but its second nature now....i still loose my tape measure tho. I finally bought a bunch of them now there laying everywhere.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
it took some getting used to but its second nature now....i still loose my tape measure tho. I finally bought a bunch of them now there laying everywhere.
The tape measure is next to all the missing sharpies!.....LMAO!

60k+

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Turn Key pantie dropper, heart stopper, make dogs cry and wounded birds fly BMF WOOOOOO! mother phucking Z06????? 250Kish

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Whats the going rate or what would you expect to get a new car built, customer supplies the steel body 67 camaro roller.... so ur building a full tube chassis car, 25.2, strut front end, outlaw 4 link rear suspension, rearend housing, wish bone antiroll bar, all the sheet metal work, floors tunnels rear sheet metal section, door panels etc...all lexan, wing, parachutes, engine and trans mounts, driveshaft loops, new headers and exhaust, install fiberglass dash front clip doors etc, all fuel cell mounts battery mounts fuel pump mounts etc...with all saftey equipt....basically a top of the line roller...minus wiring and engine/trans....parts, labor, powdercoating everything...i know this is still a pretty vague estimate, but im just about done with this build and ive tracked the hours my the minute so im curious to see were im at with other shops. Thanks for your help/comments

10-20k
20-25k
25-30k
35-40k
40-45k
45-50k
50-55k
55-60k
Depending on the builder45 an up A rolling topsportman from bickle a couple years ago
was 75-80 grand

1 - 20 of 59 Posts