Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been threads on this before but.... What are the rules on taking banners. I have not ever but i think dressing my garage in all the banners of companies I support would be cool. What's the thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
sum officials get mad i think it's a great idea an have a few myself

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
Call the companies and buy them...stealing is stealing no matter how you wanna sugar coat it.

x3

If you want I can give you The Ducks phone number and you can give him a call and see which ones he wants you to steal.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've been at test and tunes where they ask spectators to take them so they don't have to take them down before they set up the new ones. (over the PA system) If you're not given permission, I'd consider it stealing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Banners are expensive - leave them where they are. Someone had to pay for them, and unless you have specific permission to take one from the owner of the banner, it's a simple call - don't touch it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The sponsors pay big bucks to not only print the banners, but also to have them displayed. They display the banners so they can be seen not only by racers and spectators, but also in the background of photos and video coverage. I have been to many, many races where the banners were only contingent to that particular event. At these events, it is asked that all the banners remain as displayed until the conclusion of the event. At the conclusion of the event, they are fair game for anyone who wants to take them down.

Marshall

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
I heard 40 Ft proline banners are free!!!! Just ask duck to autograph it first.

JK guys.

banners are PAID ADVERTISING, at the track not your garage...... unless an offical tells you that you can have it, leave them alone.

BTW DO NOT LET ME SEE YOU TAKING ONE> I made some lady cry last october when she was taking one as we were taking photos in the winners circle! And that poor bastard last year taking one where I called him out over the PA and yelled at him until the cop showed up!

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Can we come to your garage and steal some shit off the wall? It would look good in our garage. No different than what you're asking.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Banners are expensive - leave them where they are. Someone had to pay for them, and unless you have specific permission to take one from the owner of the banner, it's a simple call - don't touch it.

agreed

·
Registered
400 Posts
Can we come to your garage and steal some shit off the wall? It would look good in our garage. No different than what you're asking.
LOL....good way to look at it though

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,071 Posts
I WOULD JUST TAKE EM......TIE THEM TO YOUR FOUR WHEELER.....AND HAUL ASS AROUND THE PITS.....SCREAMING JUSTINP ROCKS!

·
Registered
846 Posts
If its at a small race or one where there is a promoter organizing it i would say that the banners are off limits, but at a big NHRA national event i think its fair game

1 - 20 of 26 Posts