Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran with these guys, looks like a good operation and a friendly schedule. Only 3 1/2 from the house and once a month. Looking to run the 10.90 index if possible. Any comments?
Jim G.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
They seem like a great bunch. I was thinking of checking them out next season as well. Here's their web page.

http://www.raceosca.com/

Looks like you want this class:

Modified Street 10.90

-Functional appearing lights required.
-Any chassis modifications permitted
-Any rear tire size permitted
-Mufflers required
-Sponsor lettering restricted to vehicle glass only
-No remotely activated or programmable throttle stops permitted
-No electric/pneumatic/hydraulic shifted trans devices, all shifts must be done by the driver
-No rev limiting during pass
-.400 Pro tree start

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim, That's the class I was thinking about. Toronto's not too far away and 5 events. Jim have you raced at the Mid-Michigan shootout they have for Outlaw 10.5?
Jim

·
Registered
354 Posts
the osca is a great place to race great people,i have been around the osca since it started pretty much i havenet raced there but i have been working on my buddies car.the 10.90 class is very tight class alot of people run right on the number if you want more info go to the site set youself up with a login and get involved in the board.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Jim i race in the Osca in 10.90 index great competition with a good bunch of guys. We averaged about 18 cars every event. It's one event per month except in Aug we have two. I'll do my best to answer any questions you have. Every year it has gotten bigger and i hope there's even more nex year. Paul 10.90 Firebird Formula.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Jim /Ford Guy/ Gorski said:
Thanks Jim, That's the class I was thinking about. Toronto's not too far away and 5 events. Jim have you raced at the Mid-Michigan shootout they have for Outlaw 10.5?
Jim
I have not raced the Stanton deal. They don't allow W tires and I don't think they get near the spectator count that Milan does. I think Powski pretty much dominated that deal this year???

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
The OSCA is a very cool race... There is an OSCA section on here on the main BB page.. I have some video of the event I went to.. Awesome cars and a very nice track.. Well worth the drive and we are looking to hit a few races next season with a few racers from Detroit.. Detroit invades Canada... :-D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just looking for another place to race other than brackets. And yes I am one of those NSCA nutlickers and plan on racing with them next year also. Just trying to keep the traveling down to a 5 hour radius from Shelby Twp. for all races next year. Thanks guys for your input.
Jim G.

PS Belle Rose, Atlanta and Cecil County killed the pocket book last year!!!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Stanton has two classes that allow the "w" tire from my understanding. Jim was the quickest in the true 10.5 class from what I was told, but didn't win the points. I wasn't able to attend any of their races this year as the schedule conflicted with my family activities all season. One of the racers from the OSCA had to change his combination twice this year due to them changing the rules as I hear they were taking advise from Patrick Budd this season, It might just be a bad rumor, but my source is pretty reliable.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
underdog said:
One of the racers from the OSCA had to change his combination twice this year due to them changing the rules as I hear they were taking advise from Patrick Budd this season, It might just be a bad rumor, but my source is pretty reliable.
Get your rumors straight Dogg, yes they have spoken to Patrick for several years about rules but it was two racers that were hit this year and one of them was ProCar built, both where NA cars and the changes came about because of concerns from the Adder cars! One car missed one race before the rule was reversed, they gave him back his tire and the ProCar built car just decided to add nitrous and step up to SS, they were both running EZ at the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OUTLAW 10.5 (8 Car Field)

1. Any engine combination

2. Any Fuel Allowed

3. 3000 lb minimum

4. Maximum tread width 10.6" (No w's allowed) or up to 12" of DOT Tire

5. Any Chassis

Pro Street has no tire limit. This is from Mid-Mich website

Jim G.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You gotta do what ya gotta do.......I don't want to race brackets anymore, Pro doesnt allow my car, so NSCA it is !!!!!! Label me what you want, I'll just have to find out on my own. Nutlickers "R" us.
Jim G.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Jim, I was able to read this but not respond due to system problems. The rules changes that you were talking about did happen in EZ Street, and my friend John "Hemi Cuda" Cerinci was the one who had the rules directed too. The changes came from the fact that this is a Nitrous ONLY power adder class with DOT tires with a Auto trani. These cars are not allowed a forward facing scoop, Slicks, single carb. single stage fogger. Min. weight for a BB is 3200 + 2 lbs./inch over 450. Now the problem arose when a couple of guys with the means came by, read the rules, and drop large $$$ for the best combo they could for that class. Now nobody ever tried to run EZ with the N/A combo, but these guy did and the rules were found to be too much for the class. N/A cars were allowed 560 ci., 33 X 10.5W, 2 X 4 intake, forward scoop, clutch's, and -500 lbs on an auto or -400 with the clutch.
Mark Martino was the other car, Mustang from ProCar/D'Sousa Performance that was effected, but in the OSCA defence, BOTH Mark and Joe D'Sousa claimed they were just coming to EZ on the motor to get a handle on the combo and set the record, than they were going Outlaw 10.5 with the Nitrous that the car was built for. Nothing against Mark or Joe, but that's what they said, and they did bump to the other class, and Joe did bring his SB Ford N/A Mustang out and ran ALMOST as hard, 8.08 I think with the rules the way they were.
John on the other hand built a "replica" 1970 Hemi Car, ALL STEEL but hood, even new floors. He has the means to buy "GOOD" parts and when his "other" Hemi went south on the dyno, he did go out and buy a Steve Schmidt, NHRA legal Pro-Stock Hemi of currant vintage to run N/A with an auto in the car. Yes the car was the record holder @ 7.93 for a bit, but he was heavy for the class @ 3000 N/a and not the 2800 he had to be.
So the OSCA raise the weights, removed the slick, and told them to play. John stayed, made the changes, and went with what he could. Mark did as he said and moved to Outlaw 10.5. Now in the defence of the OSCA, the second rule change was to correct the first, they allowed John to be 200 lbs lighter than the Nitrous cars AND have a 31 X 10.5W tire.
The OSCA did what they thought was best as John was running away with the class in the first few race. Mark was showing the potential to be right there as well. Only Bill Trovato was able to hang with them in the 7's. The OSCA listened to what the other racers in the class and made an adjustment. BUT they found that the adjustment that they made was to drastic and corrected that with the second.
Mike & Mike, the powers that be in the OSCA take a PHUCK load of PH-SHIT as they are right in the hart of this series in Toronto, not like Patrick and Tony who might live by a couple of people. Mike & Mike see allot of these guys daily, so for them to make the changes and save face like they did makes if for more of a stand-up deal. They found out that they did wrong, and waited no time in correcting it. As it turned out, John won the championship with Bill close second. It did take the last race to find out who won, as most of there classes.
All in all, the OSCA pretty much stay with the rules as posted for the year, but this year the rules, that were never enforced as there was only 1 other N/A guy and he was a SBC that ran 8.50's, that came out to play. After some guys did that, and found the power, they had to correct or the Nitrous guys wanted the slick back to help even the field. They just thought 2 X4's, Forward scoop, slick and -500 lbs was too much of an advantage, and I too think it was.

Hope this help, John 8)

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Jim,

The OSCA is a great place to race. I ran the 11.90 class last year. JAMA has a chaplain there too, his name is Dave Abott. BTW, he won the 11.90 championship this year!!

Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts