Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never raced in a big national event before so I have a couple questions. I won't be able to get to the track until 5pm on Friday. Is that enough time for me to get through tech inspection and then make my pass for True Street at 6pm? Also will I have an assigned pit spot? I have no trailer so how will I reserve a spot?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, just never raced at a big event before.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you get there at 5pm chances are slim that you will make a pass at 6pm, not impossible, but if there is alot of TS that come in on Friday later to tech it could be a while for you to get thru. TS has a different tech in process than the heads up classes so ask at the gate when you enter where TS tech is.

You will not have an assigned pit spot, typically they hold an area for TS racers to pit together. alot of TS racer do not have a trailer and just park in the TS pit area. you can ask Jeff Conolly (TS tech director) to help you out when you go thru tech, Jeff's a pretty cool guy and will help you out with any questions or concerns you may have. Good luck this weekend!

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if it is worth it for me to even show up on Friday then. It would save me $25 in entry fee. Will they be doing tech Saturday morning?

·
Registered
328 Posts
yes they will be teching Saturday and Sunday too. i would contact Jeff at [email protected] to clirfy schedule before showing up Friday, i see that FSCAaron post on here TS was at 3 and 7pm. i give up as NMCA site shows something totally different with only one at 6pm

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
yes they will be teching Saturday and Sunday too. i would contact Jeff at [email protected] to clirfy schedule before showing up Friday, i see that FSCAaron post on here TS was at 3 and 7pm. i give up as NMCA site shows something totally different with only one at 6pm
You need to page down a little there Bob. I clarified it lower on the same page, but here to make things simple:

Friday: True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Session
6:00 pm (begins)

Saturday: True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Sessions 2 & 3 Noon & 4:00 pm

Sunday: True Street Time Trial Session 4
11:15 am

True Street Eliminations
4:00 pm

All that said, I would call Jeff at 714-460-3813 Today or tomorrow between 3PM and 7PM EST to check in about teching in Saturday (which I don't think will be a problem). If you have any problems you can either reach me at the office today 714-444-2426 or PM me and I'll answer.

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks for the help. I might show up on Friday anyway just to get tech out of the way and possibly have a chance to make a pass. If not I'll at least get to watch some of the heads up classes qualifying.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You need to page down a little there Bob. I clarified it lower on the same page, but here to make things simple:

Friday: True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Session
6:00 pm (begins)

Saturday: True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Sessions 2 & 3 Noon & 4:00 pm

Sunday: True Street Time Trial Session 4
11:15 am
True Street Eliminations
4:00 pm

All that said, I would call Jeff at 714-460-3813 Today or tomorrow between 3PM and 7PM EST to check in about teching in Saturday (which I don't think will be a problem). If you have any problems you can either reach me at the office today 714-444-2426 or PM me and I'll answer.

Thanks,
Aaron
Think you need to point everyone to the FSC website with event schedule. bit confusing to read on that other page as to me it still reads 3 & 7 pm even if it's bolded

it should look like this
Gates Open: 8:00 am
Test & Tune 9:00 am – 1:00pm
NMRA/NMCA Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm
Hot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2 3:00 pm & 7:00pm
True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Session 6:00pm
Exhibitions 9:55 pm
Secure Track 10:00 pm

Try editing you original post

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Think you need to point everyone to the FSC website with event schedule. bit confusing to read on that other page as to me it still reads 3 & 7 pm even if it's bolded

it should look like this
Gates Open: 8:00 am
Test & Tune 9:00 am – 1:00pm
NMRA/NMCA Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm
Hot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2 3:00 pm & 7:00pm
True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Session 6:00pm
Exhibitions 9:55 pm
Secure Track 10:00 pm

Try editing you original post
You already drinking? :confused::confused::-D

Look at posts 3 and 5..."Eh, hate that you can't edit here"....

·
Registered
328 Posts
You already drinking? :confused::confused::-D

Look at posts 3 and 5..."Eh, hate that you can't edit here"....
Eh, hate that you can't edit here. What's throwing it off is the lack of a space. I only highlighted "True Street" but it added the "AM" or "PM" in front when the time is actually following it. Let's try this again:

Vendor Move in only:
Noon to 6:00 pmParticipant Pit Parking, Registration & Tech Only: 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
FRI​
Gates Open:

8:00 amTest & Tune
9:00 am – 1:00pmNMRA/NMCA Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2
1:00 pm & 5:00 pmHot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Qualifying Rd. 1 & 2
3:00 pm & 7:00 pm True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Session
6:00 pm Exhibitions
9:55 pmSecure Track 10:00 pm
SAT​
Gates Open:

8:00 amNMRA/NMCA Qualifying Final Rd.
9:00 am Hot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Meeting and Mandatory Cruise
10:00 am True Street \ Hot Rod Drags (Index) Time Trial Sessions 2 & 3 Noon & 4:00 pm NMRA/NMCA Eliminations Begin
1:00 pmHot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Final Qualifying Rd.
1:30 pmCar Show Awards
3:00 pmExhibitions
4:00 pmHot Rod Drags (Index) Qualifying Session
5:00 pmSecure Track
7:00 pm
SUN​
Gates Open:

8:00 amNMRA/NMCA Eliminations Continue
9:00 am Pre-Race Ceremonies
10:30 amHot Rod Drags (Index) Eliminations (Round 1)
11:00 am True Street Time Trial Session 4
11:15 am Hot Rod Drags (Heads-Up) Eliminations (Round 1)
11:45 amNMRA/NMCA Eliminations Continue
NoonTrue Street Meeting
2:00 pmTrue Street Cruise
2:30 pmCar Show Awards
3:00 pmExhibitions
3:45 pm True Street Eliminations
4:00 pm Final Eliminations (All Categories)
5:00 pmSecure Track 6:00 pm
and in your post 3 and 5 you have 8:00am Test and Tune, which is how most people are going to read it. So who's hitting the bottle early!:confused:

And you can edit posts on here!:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts