Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what amp rating to use on a nos purge button and the nos activation switch?
As per Monty's wiring diagram in the tech section of this forum I will be using double 30 amp relays, so should I use a 30 amp switch to active? Or would 20 amps be ok?

The learning curve has begun!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
The switch only has to handle the load of the relay wich is very small a 20 amp switch would be fine. you could really get away with a 5 or 10 amp switch to trigger the relays.

As for the purge solenoid they draw a very small amount I have either used the button provided with a purge/nitrous kit or a 5 amp or larger switch for 1 solenoid that is not triggered through a relay(I always try to use relays on switches/buttons increases the life of the button/switch).

How many purge solenoids are you firing at once?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Yes 25amp or lessis fine. When I wire the solenoids to the relays I have the WOT switch go to ground, grounding the relay(post 86), and the arming switch to the power(trigger) side of the relay (post 85) that way both have to be on for the nitrous to activate. This also keeps any high current from flowing through either switch. If you go by the #'s on the relay 30 would go to constant power and 87a would go to the solenoids.

With 2 purge solenois I would run a relay for those but you could get away with a heavier (15 or 20amp) switch since it is only being activated for a short period of time.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Great posts 85!!

Like 85 said, the switch only has to carry the load of the oil in the relay. The microswitch is part of this wiring and carries very little load.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Wow Thanks Monte!! I have wired a few in my time!!! I try to help as much as I can, Just let me know when I'm butting in too much and I will Shut my trap :-D

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
No not at all.. I want people to give their input.. I only know a couple things to do in racing and a ton of things not to do.. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Oh yea gotta learn some how. what better way then blowin stuff up and breaking parts, that way your for sure never to do that again !!!!! Fastest one day lesson you will never forget !!!!! :smt005

1 - 11 of 11 Posts