Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a mustang hatchback im mounting a fuel cell in and ive read in the rules the bottom of a fuel cell has to be covered by some kind of shield or barrier.
what i like to know if it would pass if the fuel cell was inside the tire well mounted on top of some spacers or stilts to allow it to set up in the car rather than cutting a big hole and having to do more work making a shield for the bottom of the fuel cell since you already have to make a rear firewall for a hatchback.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Hell i would rather have a broken fuel line drain on the ground than in the trunk of my car..... But im terrified of fire

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well on a magnafuel 500 fuel has to return from the pump back into the car to the cell so theres fuel coming back in regardless going to or from the pump

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Touche....lol

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I think if you do a search on here there are. Bunch. I'm on my phone or I would look for u
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think if you do a search on here there are. Bunch. I'm on my phone or I would look for u
Posted via Mobile Device
ive searched all kinds of shit on here no luck i tried searching trunks,hatchback aint found shit.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does it also have to have straps over the tank as well. i found some pics i had to go back two years ago.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mines mounted on a rack that bridges the spare tire well...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Pretty sure that bottom "cover" only applies to plastic cells.

I've seen it done both ways...I like when the floor isn't cut open IMO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts