Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you ever had it? How long does it take to get rid of it? 13 days ago I ate a Big Mac (I know, first mistake) and had the most god awful shits known to man! The first 3 days I literally lived in the bathroom, but I am still having problems. Doc put me on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) and gatorade, but still not gone yet. I've heard anywhere from 1 day of grief to two weeks is what it takes to get rid of it.

I tried Immodium, but the doc said not to because then I'm just holding in whatever I have. I was on that the first 4 days, so I'm wondering if that is why this is taking so long.

Anybody else go through this grief?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'd say you have something else. Food poisoning that I know of usually lasts 24-36 hours. Have you eaten any fruit like, rasberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc. lately. There is a parasite called Cyclospora. It will cause the worst squirts in the world. They can prescribe Lomotil and that will stop the runs.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2003/Cyclospora/Clinical Presentation2.htm

Doctors can test for it. It's not life threatning but, you,ll wish you were dead. Remember to dab, not wipe.:)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Got food poisoning from some Hooters shrimp years back and went through some of the worse vomiting of my life for about 6 hrs. Lasted right about 24 hrs total before I felt human again.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I have also had food poisoning and the very case I had was off of shrimp that sat out too long. I was only sick for 2-3 days then just weak a day or 2 later. 13 days is WAY too long in my opinion.

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
If you get food poisioning, it will hit you within 10 - 15 mins and shouldn't last longer than 2, maybe 3 days. Sounds like you have an intestional bug or stomach flu. The doc is right about not stopping it.... the faster it gets out, the faster it goes away. Hope you feel better soon :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Did the Doc. take a stool sample?

I had much the same thing last winter. Thought it was your normal food poisoning/intestinal disfortitude..... not.

Dealt w/it for nearly three weeks before I came to the reality that a second opinion was needed(I don't do Doctors well).
Literally thought I was dying. Lost 25 lbs., weak as Hell....

Turned out that it was actually a parasite that was having a nice life in my colon.

Sounds to me like this is what you've got. It will NOT go away on it's own.

Food poisoning can come from E.colie, botulism, salmonella, shigella or any host of other nasty little bugs.

Generally, food poisoning is self limiting, and will generally disappear on it's own w/out treatment w/in 3-7 days. The problem is that even when it goes away on it's own, you're left with a depleted colon. Nice ehh?

This means you can't digest food, but can continue to have diarrhea even though the infection is gone.
Severe diahrea for more than 3-4 days can cause dehydration/electrolite imbalance, which can necessitate hospitalization.

If symptoms persist for more than 72 hours(which they have), you've probably got a bad bug which will demand medication.

My wife is a 25 year RN and says you need to take your red ass to the doctor again for stool sample testing, and antibiotics.

Good luck-

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
chicken mcnuggets, late saturday night after a hockey game in West Orange new jersey, ill never forget it! i missed that week of school, the next monday and tuesday, lost damn near 28lbs and had to go to the hospital to get an IV to keep fluids in my system

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have gotten it twice. The worst feeling ever !!! Worse than any hangover for sure. Both times it was really bad for about 6 hours but i didn't feel decent for at least 24 hrs.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
wanna know something...
drink ginger ale ..regular ginger ale not diet or other B.S

For some odd ball reason, ginger ale does reduce stomach aches, cramps, or illness.

try it... you got nothing to lose....

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
The doc was being kind, I think you may be fixin' to die.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do you fish? The reason I ask is that I got a parasite from a turtle using my mouth to tie a knot on a hook. Good luck with it. It sounds like the same crap I went through.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Any of you ever had it? How long does it take to get rid of it? 13 days ago I ate a Big Mac (I know, first mistake) and had the most god awful shits known to man! The first 3 days I literally lived in the bathroom, but I am still having problems. Doc put me on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) and gatorade, but still not gone yet. I've heard anywhere from 1 day of grief to two weeks is what it takes to get rid of it.

I tried Immodium, but the doc said not to because then I'm just holding in whatever I have. I was on that the first 4 days, so I'm wondering if that is why this is taking so long.

Anybody else go through this grief?
In all seriousness, does or did your explosive exhaust smell odd? Say kinda fishy almost? If so, I am enjoying the very same thing and it has had me in bed since Tuesday. It's called roto-virus or something like that. My kid gets it from school. I got it and the first 2 days I was on the pot and hurling in the tub. Today it was slowly getting back to normal (shitz, no explosive combustions) and hopefully tomorrow I will be back to at least 80%.

It's a, pardon the pun, shitty deal. Literally.

PSA - if it doesn't smell fishy, and quite frankly even if it does, I am NOT a Doctor, I just play one on the interweb. DO NOT take my advice, in fact just disregard this entire post.

PS - There is no cure perse', just has to run it's course, it's viral.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'd say you have something else. Food poisoning that I know of usually lasts 24-36 hours. Have you eaten any fruit like, rasberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc. lately. There is a parasite called Cyclospora. It will cause the worst squirts in the world. They can prescribe Lomotil and that will stop the runs.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2003/Cyclospora/Clinical Presentation2.htm

Doctors can test for it. It's not life threatning but, you,ll wish you were dead. Remember to dab, not wipe.:)
I have had Cyclospora too it lasted over two months,i lost over 15lbs.could not eat or drink anything.a friend saved my life by forcing me to drink 4 gatorade's.i got it from fruit at a resort.
I wish i had it again so i can loose some weight now.I didn't get to far from the shitter either.

I also have had food poisoning from a hot dog vender's chille dog outside of a lowes.4 hours later i was in sick as a dog.lasted about 8 hr.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did the Doc. take a stool sample?

I had much the same thing last winter. Thought it was your normal food poisoning/intestinal disfortitude..... not.

Dealt w/it for nearly three weeks before I came to the reality that a second opinion was needed(I don't do Doctors well).
Literally thought I was dying. Lost 25 lbs., weak as Hell....

Turned out that it was actually a parasite that was having a nice life in my colon.

Sounds to me like this is what you've got. It will NOT go away on it's own.

Food poisoning can come from E.colie, botulism, salmonella, shigella or any host of other nasty little bugs.

Generally, food poisoning is self limiting, and will generally disappear on it's own w/out treatment w/in 3-7 days. The problem is that even when it goes away on it's own, you're left with a depleted colon. Nice ehh?

This means you can't digest food, but can continue to have diarrhea even though the infection is gone.
Severe diahrea for more than 3-4 days can cause dehydration/electrolite imbalance, which can necessitate hospitalization.

If symptoms persist for more than 72 hours(which they have), you've probably got a bad bug which will demand medication.

My wife is a 25 year RN and says you need to take your red ass to the doctor again for stool sample testing, and antibiotics.

Good luck-
Doc took a piss and stool sample. Test results said nothing. I get to have the ole camera jammed up the pooper on Tuesday (soonest they can get me in).

I'm debating on getting a second opinion, as my doc says to let it run it's course. I work out doors, so no bathrooms available. My boss said to stay home until I'm better, but I'm going crazy not being able to go to work.

This better go away soon, as I'm supposed to travel to Tuscon in a week.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The doc was being kind, I think you may be fixin' to die.
LOL! I sure thought I was going to die! Hell, I wanted to shoot my self by day 4! I think it's getting better. Just a little gas pain and tired. I'm thinking a couple of days , tops.

Thanks for the well wishes!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In all seriousness, does or did your explosive exhaust smell odd? Say kinda fishy almost? If so, I am enjoying the very same thing and it has had me in bed since Tuesday. It's called roto-virus or something like that. My kid gets it from school. I got it and the first 2 days I was on the pot and hurling in the tub. Today it was slowly getting back to normal (shitz, no explosive combustions) and hopefully tomorrow I will be back to at least 80%.

It's a, pardon the pun, shitty deal. Literally.

PSA - if it doesn't smell fishy, and quite frankly even if it does, I am NOT a Doctor, I just play one on the interweb. DO NOT take my advice, in fact just disregard this entire post.

PS - There is no cure perse', just has to run it's course, it's viral.
It sure don't smell good, but not fishy. No puking here, just the shits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts