Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on switching to efi next year and had a question about using my existing 4500 eddy plate. Its rated for 250 hp, and i was wondering if i could make it a 2 stage dry plate by spraying n2o in both sides of the plate. and would i be able to expect 500hp or thereabouts. Thanks, dunno if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yes you can make each side (fuel and nitrous) of the plate as a stage of nitrous. I'm not sure of the spray pattern of that plate. It would be a better question for Steve, Monte or some one that flow's and knows that plate.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Im planning on switching to efi next year and had a question about using my existing 4500 eddy plate. Its rated for 250 hp, and i was wondering if i could make it a 2 stage dry plate by spraying n2o in both sides of the plate. and would i be able to expect 500hp or thereabouts. Thanks, dunno if this has been asked before.

If it were mine I would sent the plate in to one of the pro's on here and have them flow it just for the simple fact it was originally intended as a wet plate and the passages and spray patterns might not be the same for both sides.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I am not sure on the spray pattern on the fuel side. I have modified plates and used them for a two stage dry setup.But what you guys also have to think about is pph numbers. If you have no idea what a given jet flows threw a system you do not know the correct amount of fuel to add. KG

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,448 Posts
I use the Fuel Side of my Big Shot Plate with a .047 jet, that seems to work just fine. The Nitrous Side of the Plate has a .063 in it right now, have not put anything larger in it since I have a DP also. I can feed this poor engine way more nitrous than it can ever inhale, or handle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts