Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,560 Posts

"Coyote packs range in size from two adults to about ten, plus pups. The pack always includes an alpha male and female, and beta adults only very rarely breed unless they ascend to alpha status."

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,937 Posts
Didn't know they were a big problem in trailer parks

·
Super Moderator
44,560 Posts
I heard them the last 2 nights..makes the hair on your neck stand up,
I needed to walk out to the barn to get a pallet for the woodburner..heard that shit go off and said fuck it. lol
rather deal with the cold.
Yes,...it's an earie sound. I have 3 acres of wooded land and right behind it is a 55 acre plot (that my daughter just purchased) with a huge groomed meadow on it. That's where I hear them hunting. I think they fish out their prey from the woods and corner it on the flat meadow.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I hit one with my 55 Buick one time right around noon. Driving along and a coyote came out of a cornfield like its ass was on fire! Down the ditch from the cornfield then up the ditch on to the road right in front of me! Rumble, rumble, rumble and there he was in the middle of the road behind me. Some women in a minivan behind me stops and gets out to check on the "poor dog" that I hit. Luckily for her about then it pops up and drags its ass across the road and into the cornfield on the other side of the road. Even with no back legs working it still moved relatively quick but nothing like it was flying when it first came out of the field, man it was hauling ass!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Guy near me kills them by an alarm deal he has a set of wires attached to an insulated clip. He lays out roadkill carcasses and attaches the clip . The yotes tug the carcass around dislodging the clip. The wires then make contact and a warning light and buzzer turn on in his house. His rifle and spotlight are already pre set up. Turns the spot light on and the coyote lights out.

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,209 Posts
You ain't doing shit but banging on your keyboard, everyone knows your half a fag schtick. Run your cocksucker and hide in the basement limp wristed bitch

You bald headed faggot!
I love that I'm in your head.
But whenever you feel froggy, let me know. I'm be your Huckleberry!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Your not going to kill many like that. Even with a call you will only get a couple here and there.
My grandfather killed every coyote within miles of our place in one week when I was a kid.
In the last 3 months we had a coyote problem where they where within 100' of my house and tried to take our yorkie.
I recently used his methods "which are highly illegal" but I dont have a coyote problem anymore. I eliminated the whole pack of 8 in one night.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Well.. How'd you do it Skinny?
Here is what you need. Keep in mind you will kill everything that eats this shit. Dogs, coons, whatever.
I've used glycol but I have some tree poison we got from the light company 30 years ago that works really good.
Get a package of hot dogs and cut a small hole in them and hang them up to drain out the hotdog water. After about a hour put them in a zip lock bag and fill it with (glycol) antifreese. Not that new safe stuff, the real deal glycol. You can lock up your dogs for the night and put the hotdogs out just open the end and lay them so they are still soaking in the antifreeze. The next morning you can go pick up the zip lock and seal it if they did not come that night. One zip lock bag with kill a whole pack. I make rounds every morning after I use this shit to bury the dead so nothing else eats them. They never make it more than 50' from the bag.

·
Registered
36,145 Posts
Those bad boys run in packs,...and usually catch and kill whatever they're hunting,...so you better bring enough ammo and be a good shot because you could be their dinner.
Possibly, but in all of recorded history there's only been two fatal coyote attacks. They're rampant where I live, to the point that all the other wildlife that used to inhabit this area is gone....not that I mind the missing feral cats and armadillos, a coyote favorite.

If you're ever surrounded by them, absolutely do not run away. Face them and make as much noise as you can; they'll almost invariably run off. And shooting them isn't quite as easy as it sounds....besides, I have neighbors within rifle range so one has to be careful.

·
#Tittipicsmatter !
5,952 Posts
I have property on the Lumber river. When it gets dark they sound like there is probably 50 howling at 50 on the other side of the river. I know it's not that many but it sure sounds like it.
We let the boy scouts camp there in the summer and sometimes it scares the fuck out of the younger ones.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I have picked up 8 of them just last week on my trail cam on my ten acres here.They are getting bold.,

·
Deplorable Basketcase
8,984 Posts
I have property on the Lumber river. When it gets dark they sound like there is probably 50 howling at 50 on the other side of the river. I know it's not that many but it sure sounds like it.
We let the boy scouts camp there in the summer and sometimes it scares the fuck out of the younger ones.
I read that when all of them are howling at once,each will howl a slightly different octave..making it sound like there are more than what they are.
regardless it sounded like at least a dozen or so up behind my place.
which is basically in the middle of nowhere..my GS goes crazy but even as big as he is doubt he'd stand a chance with a pack of those worthless nigger dogs.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts