Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a super vic and a Wilson elbow for the car sometime last year. The elbow was sort of an impulse buy and now I'm wondering if I'd be better served in buying one that's forward facing. Is the distribution much better? Enough to warrant all the changes I'd need to make to the cold side, or should I just run it? I see lots of forward facing stuff these days, when there isn't an A/W under the dash.

super vic intake.jpg

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get any paperwork with it but it was supposed to have been flow balanced by Tmoss.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Im not sure distribution would change much just by turning the elbow 90 deg to face the front...but i have no data lol i did run the victor E on my sbc with front facing elbow that had a divider in it. Pistons and plugs all looked good, so I assume it had ok distribution. It was mildly ported but not flowed

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I have a customer with similar setup in a True Street car that has gone 4.60's on methanol with no issues. However if it was available at the time I would have used a Holley Hi Ram. They also now have a cast aluminum side inlet top for the Hi Ram that looks very nice and may not be as much to change. I would give it a look on the Holley website. I think it's still in the new release section as well.

Reactions: rick90lx

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Here's the top on a 8.2 deck SBF manifold.

Reactions: rick90lx

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone used this manifold yet? Curious with the results.
I found some youtube vids last night that put it within a few hp and tq of a SV on a NA 408 with AFR 205 heads.

Yeah me 2 and what it would be like compared to a Tfs box R and what distribution would be like between the 2.
It would have to be better coming in from the front.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I nearly bought one of those Holley side intake high rams.. To replace my Trick Flow box.. Then I found out that I'd have to replace my distributor at the same time..

Then I saw this video and concluded it probably wouldn't be worth it..

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know Jeff, I think I'm the only one that ever chased their tail with the box R, so I got rid of it and the heads I was running. I always wanted to try one of those victor 5.8's but they're hard to come buy anymore since they quit making them. I talked to the guys from Holley in BG last fall, they were debuting the new high ram with the side cover but by that time I had already bought the SV, I knew I could never fit the forward facing high ram under my 1.5" cowl hood.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I nearly bought one of those Holley side intake high rams.. To replace my Trick Flow box.. Then I found out that I'd have to replace my distributor at the same time..

Then I saw this video and concluded it probably wouldn't be worth it..
Why not go cam sync and CNP?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
After seeing that video, it doesn't appear that intake manifolds make a whole lot of difference (in horsepower) on a turbo setup.. I'm figuring there probably isn't 10 hp difference between my Trick Flow box, and that Holley high ram.. And it would probably cost me "over" a thousand bucks to make the swap.. Besides that... I'm not one of those persons that's looking for every last hp to be had.. That's why I run an air to air instead of Methanol or an ice water cooler.. I give up a little power for trouble free convenience..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts