Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine has a 2008 Quad-Cab Silverado with a 6" lift. He got it aligned and about two weeks later, it was off. Got it done again and two weeks later, it was off again. Anyone have any clue as to why it keeps going out of alignment?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
6" lift would be your first clue. If not done correctly, problems with the front end to the driveshaft being too short can and will occur. Oh, and let him know he just voided the warranty....the "new GM" has no tolerances for modified vehicles now........

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,118 Posts
THE FRONT END STEERING COMPONENTS AND SUSPENSION ARE BARELY ENOUGH TO HANDLE AN UNMODIFIED TRUCK......WHEN YOU LIFT THEM UP THEY BECOME WORSE.

DEPENDING ON WHAT KIT HE BOUGHT....SOME MAKE NO CHANGES TO THE WEEK SETUP.....I PUT A 12" LIFT ON A 02 3/4 TON.....THE BULLETPROOF KIT REPLACED ALL THE STOCK FRONT END COMPONENTS.

HE NEEDS TO CALL THE MANUFACTURER OF SAID KIT!

·
Registered
113 Posts
He needs to check all parts over extra careful. I had 8 inches on my H2 it had worn out the idler and pittman arms within 8K miles.

·
Registered
359 Posts
bigger tires, and lift kits provide more leverage on the factory parts. i saw lifted chevys come in all the time with worn out stuff

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 07 has 42,000 miles with a 6" lift and 35's I have a shop I do alighnments I've only lined it up once everything seems to be fine so far but yes lifts and bigger tires do wear out parts alot faster. But it changing every 2 weeks does not sound right what kind of lift Is it ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts