Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 bolt block bbc ,steel crank,scat rods,afr heads.i am thinking about putting my f2 procharger,blow through, on it after we change the pistons ,cam and re-balancing.. i was wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on running 12 psi in my 70 chevelle "street car" with the 2 bolt block. i was going to stud the block and probably put a girdle on it.keep in mind this is not a every weekend race car.its a cruise night car, and a few times a year to the track.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My motor was a 2 bolt block it was just studded and I was making about 11 pounds of boost on it and it never gave me the first bit of problens... well until it ran lean

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
My 468 made 1006 HP on nitrous, 2 bolt main stud kit and align honed. Balanced and blueprinted. Not sure how long the block would of held up, but there were 4 dyno passes at over 950 hp and 3 runs in the car, and it held together fine.

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
We've run around 1k-1200hp through a couple 2-bolt blocks now; one was an 871 blown methanol combo, the other a nitrous combo taking a big hit right off the brake. - No problems from either, both have the "old school" girdle straps on the caps as you're talking about.

That said, unless the rest of the block is already prepped and ready to go, it makes more sense to step up to a better block.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've run around 1k-1200hp through a couple 2-bolt blocks now; one was an 871 blown methanol combo, the other a nitrous combo taking a big hit right off the brake. - No problems from either, both have the "old school" girdle straps on the caps as you're talking about.

That said, unless the rest of the block is already prepped and ready to go, it makes more sense to step up to a better block.
agreed,but the motor is freshlike maybe 500 miles..i hate to try to sell it at this point.i will give it some more thought.

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
I'd just stud the 2 bolt and have it align honed. If you want to convert it, though, I have a set of 4 bolt main steel caps I bought several years ago and never used them. They're Eagle brand and have a guide/pilot for drilling and tapping the block for $45.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts