Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely sucks balls now days. Better order two alternators so you can maybe make one good one out of the two. Starters etc. Sensors they all suck. That is all.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Lots of parts are made in China. Coincidence? I think not.

It also seems like parts stores are keeping less stuff in stock, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Not just cars. All things in general have become disposable. I bought a new house 6 years ago and bought a stainless $2500 fridge from GE. Had it replaced twice during warranty and since have had to replace both the fridge and freezer fans. Meanwhile, in the garage runs just fine the small white fridge I bought when I was single 20+ years ago.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Absolutely sucks balls now days. Better order two alternators so you can maybe make one good one out of the two. Starters etc. Sensors they all suck. That is all.
As a retired tech, parts guy............oh fuck it. Y'all on your own. LMAO
Zim

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Not just cars. All things in general have become disposable.
I was bitching to myself just the other day about how just about everything you buy theses days the quality just isn't there anymore.

Even with the products I have used for three decades I notice every time use them I see one more thing they have cut corners on and cheapened up.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
There are no decent aftermarket parts. Even the OEM stuff is suspect. When dealerships decided customer loyalty was worthless, they stopped paying for good parts and in turn, the manufactures stopped making good parts and shipped their shit overseas. With the introduction of the cell phone to customers, no one cares if their shit last 3,000 miles or one year for warranty purposes. All they want is to drive away from the repair facility and bang on the phone. They have zero fucks if the shit eats itself in 30 days.
Zim

midniteta, get your ass back to work. See you in a few hours and have the AC ready in the truck...lol
Z

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I guess no one got the notice that this is pure corporatism and all that matters is profits. China can make anything as good as anyone if not better. it's the corporation that's name is on the box cutting QC so they can offer a lifetime warranty. Make junk or go out of business. Get big and buy every competitor so you don't have competition but still sell all of the brands. But hey, the stock went up.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Replace OEM after 20 years or replace aftermarket after 20 months. Yee-fuckin'-haw.

·
LS Powah!
11,087 Posts
When I worked at a parts store, we would tell anyone buying an alternator for a Ford to check the pully, because it was usually wrong on the new one and would need to be swapped. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are no decent aftermarket parts. Even the OEM stuff is suspect. When dealerships decided customer loyalty was worthless, they stopped paying for good parts and in turn, the manufactures stopped making good parts and shipped their shit overseas. With the introduction of the cell phone to customers, no one cares if their shit last 3,000 miles or one year for warranty purposes. All they want is to drive away from the repair facility and bang on the phone. They have zero fucks if the shit eats itself in 30 days.
Zim

midniteta, get your ass back to work. See you in a few hours and have the AC ready in the truck...lol
Z
AC is broken. LOL So is the track apparently. Little shower runs em off.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I started buying everything at the dealer for my Focus because the prices are competitive with the auto parts stores and last longer.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
We have noticed it in our shop after market parts quality has fallen off a cliff. Something as simple as an stock LS injector. We changed out the injectors on one of my Chevy pickups and 3 off them were no good out of the box. Another is the Dorman egr cooler for a Ford 6.0 The cooler would not seal up correctly. This is just some highlights. We have gone to trying to buy as much from the dealers because the aftermarket parts are total crap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts