Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read would be a box no box race but now it says T&T. Anybody know what's going on there this weekend? Asked on the forum there but not much traffic.
thanks

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple questions if someone knows. Do you have to decide when you arrive if you are entering the Gamblers? I assume you get two time trials before they start eliminations? If you only do the T&T, how many runs would you expect to get. Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just getting started and never raced there before. Thanks

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Couple questions if someone knows. Do you have to decide when you arrive if you are entering the Gamblers? I assume you get two time trials before they start eliminations? If you only do the T&T, how many runs would you expect to get. Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just getting started and never raced there before. Thanks
On a typical Friday, I've gotten as many as 5 runs in, or more, depending on how quickly you can turn your car around. They run T&T non stop, until the final round of the gamblers, or if people stop showing up to the lanes. For whatever reason, QCR has been favoring the T&T stuff more than the gamblers, but I wont get into that:rolleyes:

The gamblers, yes you get two tt, but you have to be there when the gates open. I showed up late last time, and they wouldn't let me have two (even though they had run a few sessions of T&T, but I said I wasn't going there:rolleyes:)

You have to tell them at the gate what your doing, IIRC, T&T is $20 and the gamblers is $40, you can double enter (T&T and either box or no box), if you wish. BUT, if you go out first round, they wont let you drop into T&T, unless you paid the extra $20.

That's a pretty tough crowd Friday night, since your still shaking that truck down, I'd say enter T&T, and have some fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No need to decide as you're going in. Pay for T&T going in. If you decide you want to race, pay the difference. If you pay for T&T you will get two runs before the gambler's start their elims. They do that in case any T&T'ers want to get into the Gambler's race. If you lose, you can get into the T&T lanes the rest of the night. They typically run 1 round of Gamblers then 1 round of T&T. I haven't seen T&T get more than 1 round per round of gambler's.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds great. I could use the seat time either way. Until this month, my last serious drag racing was driving my buddies AS/A Camaro in the late 70s. Back then it was all footbrake and there were no reaction timers. You sorta figured out the ETs vrs who won to see who was late and who chopped the tree. lol

Ricky ,I think the truck is gonna be a good bracket deal. Few times out it has been very consistent. The senior citizen driver is what needs work. Hoping for a good weather forecast.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a great time! Didn't win anything but got 6 runs and some needed practice. Hung around, watched some races, grilled a couple burgers and even with a two hour tow, still home before dark. Wish I lived closer or gas was cheaper. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts