Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put my own time and money up to host a 2 class quick 8 on street night at qcmp. The rules are molded after the Rra 10.50 index class, and will not be twisted or bent by anyone. So please read the rules to each class which are very similar. Winner and runner up will receive trophies a track shirt and any other gifts cards etc... Ican get by sponsors. Hope to see u there...

Qcmp quick 8 modified street class

Slick tires allowed

BODY/INTERIOR
1. Full-bodied factory street type cars/trucks (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/Must have 2 front seats or 1 bench seat/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed/Factory dash or pre-approved dash pad required (The interior should look clean and professionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)
7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted
8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any size drive tires permitted
12. Exhaust system: mufflers mandatory

ELECTRONICS
13. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops (electric or pneumatic), No Optical sensors.
14. No delay boxes permitted for starting line procedures or other driver aided electronics.
15. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
16. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
17. No electric or air shifters permitted.

SAFETY
All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES/TECH
All cars will be reviewed by the Tech Department to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE

Quick 8 street class rules

Street legal tires mandatory!!!!!!!!! Drag radials and et street are permitted

Must be completely street , if ur car is ? Of being actual street able then this class is not for you period

BODY/INTERIOR
1. Full-bodied factory street type cars/trucks (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/Must have 2 front seats or 1 bench seat/carpeted interior even if rear seat is removed/Factory dash or pre-approved dash pad required (The interior should look clean and professionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)

9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any size drive tires permitted
12. Exhaust system: full exhaust required

ELECTRONICS
13. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops (electric or pneumatic), No Optical sensors.
14. No delay boxes permitted for starting line procedures or other driver aided electronics.
15. The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in relation to the starting line is prohibited.
16. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
17. No electric or air shifters permitted.

SAFETY
All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES/TECH
All cars will be reviewed by the Tech Department to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This event will be held Wednesday august 20th at quaker city motorsports park with round 1 qualifying being held 630pm and second round at 730. First round will be held at 815 then round robin will commence

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So these are 10.50 index, or???

Whoops, I don't have mufflers :(

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I just based them off those rules so it was more street able Rra kinda cars

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly , Aj was kind enough to let me put this on, on street night so I wanna see the fastest street cars in the area so why wouldn't I base the rules off RRA rules where I know there's some of the fastest street cars in this area

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
What are the dates, Vin?

What tree?

Can the cars be trailered?

I like the "lil guy" heads up deal, I'd like to come support it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This is a great idea!! I remember back around 2002 or so they had something like that at QCMP. After a little while it was attracting quite a few racers and car clubs. Back then it was a bracket race but this would be more fun and fair imo.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna try to get a us a 500 pro tree

Yes they can trailered

This will be the only time this year but if it's a big success I'm sure we can try this a couple more times next year

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mad monte that's why I started this. I might be younger but watching those quick 8 Friday nights made a big impression on me

·
Registered
941 Posts
Qualified 8 car fields? This is a fantastic idea! I've been sayin to myself that it'd be cool to see a heads up, qualified field race for regular street cars and fast street cars to give the slower guys(not that all street cars are slow lol) a chance to race like the big boys!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swine glad this is getting good reviews..... Also side note mike your car was hangin the hoops last friday

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
This is a HUGE step your taking Vinny, In that area this could be very successful. Congrats an thanks for your time an contributions to Quaker, see you tomorrow !

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Swine glad this is getting good reviews..... Also side note mike your car was hangin the hoops last friday
Im getting a handle on keeping the fromt down and getting after the 60ft my last pass was my best and hopefully more to come tomorrow. I wont try to compete in your class until i see who is coming to play. I will let more street guys get a feel for it since its a little open on the rules there is no sense in trying to make it a ols class yet but I can come and give u a hand

1 - 20 of 141 Posts