1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
WOW!!

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Is it just me or do things that have value (sentimental or actual) need to get put away not somewhere, where they can fall & break?? seems like a pretty common sense thing to do, in eathquake prone CA.

Bob

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it just me or do things that have value (sentimental or actual) need to get put away not somewhere, where they can fall & break?? seems like a pretty common sense thing to do, in eathquake prone CA.

Bob
Since I got divorced from the ex nothing breaks around here :cool:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

Bob

I was just thinking that same thing myself!

·
Registered
48,027 Posts

Bob
You have no idea. How can you "put things away" when whatever you put them in or on MOVES? Hanging pictures or awards on the wall is great, until the wall MOVES. When I came home from work this evening, all the drawers in the kitchen, bathrooms and up stairs were half open. Some of these cabinets were built into the walls, so you can tell that things were MOVING around here. I have a pretty large tool chest/cabinet. It's on wheels and it rolled to the other side of the garage. Bob, you have to understand, the EARTH moved. Anything ON the earth moved too.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
a little chewing gum would help hold some of that stuff down...
sucks to see what happened.... had a few things move, but nothing fell. this really wasnt that bad of a quake in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Your right George, I have NO IDEA. seenings how the earthquakes stop @ the San Diego County line, we never have any shakers down here. good thing for us, cause weve never had anything we valued break. :roll:

Bob

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I live about 20 miles from from the epicenter(Chino Hills) in Fontana and I felt 1 big bump and about 4 or 5 strong shakes. For those of you that have never been in an earthquake, you can literally watch the walls flexing. It's like someone grabbed the house by the roof and shook it.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
See - he shoulda moved the rest of that stuff out here to his shop in Indy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Actually...

Depending on the magnitude of the quake...this kind of damage can be prevented while still being able to showcase your pride and joy. It's called Museum Putty. and is super effective.

That does effin blow about his loss though... For any of the locals that watched much of the news, it appears that Yorba Linda was on of the hardest hit as far as damage reports go. Pomona not far behind.

~R

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
You have no idea. How can you "put things away" when whatever you put them in or on MOVES? Hanging pictures or awards on the wall is great, until the wall MOVES. When I came home from work this evening, all the drawers in the kitchen, bathrooms and up stairs were half open. Some of these cabinets were built into the walls, so you can tell that things were MOVING around here. I have a pretty large tool chest/cabinet. It's on wheels and it rolled to the other side of the garage. Bob, you have to understand, the EARTH moved. Anything ON the earth moved too.

Uuuuhhh, George.... Bob lives in kalifornia.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I was on the Santa Monica Pier when it hit. Nothing too spectacular, I thought it felt more like a 2 or 3.
Apparently the water took a lot of the shock

1 - 20 of 21 Posts