Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should this

Cause this?

The car didnt come down too hard I have seen worse it only touched the headers. The struts are QA1's new d/a's with less than 30 passes. and this was there first big wheelie (first night out on hoosier 275's :supz: ) Oh yeah both sides bent like this and blew fluid all over the place

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have seen some hit harder and not hurt anything (Sans headers) and I seen some that didn't hit to hard and bust the shocks and flatten out a wheel or 2,

I think its the luck of the draw and how they are set...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think the suspension is bottoming out on the struts? That's a lot of force.
I dont think it can. We only have about 2-1/2 to 3" clearance between the ground and the headers and it didnt bash the headers that bad. the headers hit before the strut botoms out.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Were you on radials prior to these runs? If so what type and were you able to throw more power at the Hoosiers? Someone around here was asking they can hold more of a hit than the M/T.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Were you on radials prior to these runs? If so what type and were you able to throw more power at the Hoosiers? Someone around here was asking they can hold more of a hit than the M/T.
No I was on 28x10.5s m/t's prior. But I will say this I am a firm believer of the 275 hoosier radial now. First night out it matched the best 60ft I ever got with the slicks (1.23) with more tuning to go. I think we can get a 1.18 with more testing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No not rolling in the money here. Im just lucky my dad loves watching it go down the track as much as I love driving it. Lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
16,256 Posts
I don't know what caused it but that has to be caused by something other than horizontal force. Cuz it's normal all year long ever year with my QA1's. And I weigh 3550 lbs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts