Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching from C16 to Q16

Do I need special coated fuel lines or my normal AN lines ok ?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
normal AN LINES are fine. just drain fuel in bowls and cell if car sits longer than 2 weeks. the stuff is corrosive as hell.
also make sure you jet up 6 jet sizes.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
normal AN LINES are fine. just drain fuel in bowls and cell if car sits longer than 2 weeks. the stuff is corrosive as hell.
also make sure you jet up 6 jet sizes.

Nick, I have to say this, I left Q-16 in my system over 6 weeks. Figured I better check inside the carb bowls. I took everything apart and it looked perfect. I mean really perfect. Inside of the aluminum cell looks perfect too,

I'm not sure it is as corrosive as you might think. Do you have any real evidence or have you heard that from VP?

Not trying to start an argument, just not what I experienced.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
the only time I had a problem with my lines is when I had my motor out and fuel system(filters and pump) sent out for cleaning, i had a couple lines seem to "dry out" and they leaked when i put the system back together.... lucky i always run cheap race gas to flush my lines.....

so idk how well the weekly drain thing works, i leave it in there for weeks without problems...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jay don't know what injectors you are running now... But if they are ID's watch the Q fuel, they do not recommend for it and I have seen it used and gum things up pretty good (Same with Exx)

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jay don't know what injectors you are running now... But if they are ID's watch the Q fuel, they do not recommend for it and I have seen it used and gum things up pretty good (Same with Exx)
Nope, switched to Bosh because of that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts