Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody is running Q16 on a nitous combo?If so,any info ie.. combo tuning etc....????

Thanks Craig

·
1,344 Posts
I am running a 410 yates headed Windsor, 14.7:1, Q16 fuel and a ZEX perimeter plate kit. I have only been out once since I put the kit on. I ran the 100hp suggested Zex tune (46n 43F pulling 4*) but ran 7psi fuel pressure with the Q16 instead of the recommended 6psi and the plugs looked decent. My bottle pressure was low, so once that is up at 950psi my tune should be pretty close to bang on. Then time to turn up the wick :supz:

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
706 w sonnys heads. 34n-30f, pulling 10 from 28 degrees, 5.5lbs of pressure. plugs are perfect. split pro-systems with taylor sheet intake. 2nd stage pulling 8, 5 1/4 lbs pressure(can go lower to push the issue. 32n-28f.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the jetting with carb?I've been on the dyno with Q16 vs. another brand and picked up 40 hp.That's some bad fuel.I started this thing as a N/A Combo so it's got 16:1 so I know if I spray any N20 it won't be over 150hp.I got another set of pistons that will lower the comp. a good bit.But I haven't raced my car in 4 years.Anyway as far as the jetting ,do you all think I should go up on the jetting if I ever put this small shot on it?Should I lower the timing a little more than normal?What's y'all take?

I haven't got the car ready yet,it's being painted and a few other things but I'm just trying to get some info for my stuff and a few others around here.

Thanks for any more help.

Craig

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
maybe add one jet size to keep the initial gremlins at bay(nitrous will move faster to the cylinder on initial launch and will cause a lean condition) with this fuel get the timing out fast. do not get risky with the timing or you will hurt pistons. as far as compression goes, i would not exceed a 200 shot with high compression(my opinion) we are 96 sq in the splits and motor seems happy.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I'm not a big fan of mixing fuels in this manner as you really are creating one "system" when you are full bore and the nitrous activated. It may work out o.k., but may not be any better than one designated fuel. I guess if you want to be a pioneer........

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
well we had one at the dyno today and it was WAY lean on the suggested nos tune ?????? big shot plate on a 421 ci brodi 18 degree headed motor.

Had to up the fuel pressure to 6 pounds and had to up the fuel jet in the nitrous from a 91 to a 98 ??? It made alot more power with the bigger fuel jet also.........What the hell is going on here?

We need to know, we have a couple q16 fueled motors and are now getting a little scared.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts