Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have the big blue spring in says its the 15lbs spring. start pull 4800 and is 14 to15lbs. by the time it hits 6500 20 to 21lbs boost.why would boost creep that much just on gate pressure.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I have the same gate. Mine will climb to 24psi on a 10lb spring. A 5lb spring will give me around 18 psi without a boost controller. I have come to the conclusion the wastegate is not mounted in the proper position. The only reason i run the 10lb spring is because it gives me 6psi at 4k rpms and thats the MINIMUM i want to run off the line. I add more boost via the controller at the line and down the track.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
WASTEGATE SPRING PRESSURE IS NOT CORRELATED TO INTAKE MANIFOLD PRESSURE!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shearer i thought thats how you chose how much boost you want is by how stiff a spring is.Q. then why do they sell WG springs in different boost pressers like a 5# spring 10# and so on

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
if you take the spring out it will show if you need a smaller spring or the gate is mounted in a very bad position. If you take the spring out and run it (testing purpose only) and it still makes alot of boost than the gate location needs to be relocated.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
shearer i thought thats how you chose how much boost you want is by how stiff a spring is.Q. then why do they sell WG springs in different boost pressers like a 5# spring 10# and so on
There's a difference between exhaust pressure and intake pressure.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
This is why I always make a pass with just the spring and no air pressure on top of the gate. Once you know what peak boost it makes you can adjust from there. TiAL has lighter springs you can use and they are pretty cheap. If you want a really light spring buy a GM starter solenoid spring.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey mikey ya for sure took alot moor time then i thought just got the motor back fron precision engins in N.vancover awsome guys up there still got some tuning to do but so far 1640 @ 6500 and 1400 tork @ 4800 keeps going way fat after 6500 and loosing power we will get it right after the motor is in. oh ya that was with c 16 and no innercooler 30 degrees timing.still light tune up

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
hey mikey ya for sure took alot moor time then i thought just got the motor back fron precision engins in N.vancover awsome guys up there still got some tuning to do but so far 1640 @ 6500 and 1400 tork @ 4800 keeps going way fat after 6500 and loosing power we will get it right after the motor is in. oh ya that was with c 16 and no innercooler 30 degrees timing.still light tune up
that,s a healthy bullet ya got Jay , can,t wait to see it in action , Phil would have been grinning from ear to ear if he was still with us .good luck sorting the tuning issues out and can,t wait for the track to open LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts