Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno tuned this season for Q16 and made power gains on 14:1 SBF N/A over C-12 used last season. Container says to drain carb after each use? Ok, what about the pump, regulator, lines, etc. Is this really necessary? I was thinking of draining and then running some 93 pump gas thru at idle to purge the Q16 but then where am I at when I go to the next race? My race schedule is about every third weekend.
Thoughts appreciated.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i have never drained the carb but it gets so hot in texas durring racing season that Q16 will just about completly evaporate from the bowls. as for the rest of the fuel system, i have an aluminum fuel cell that i just cap off the vent.
been using this stuff for three years and have seen no ill effects from it at all.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Dyno tuned this season for Q16 and made power gains on 14:1 SBF N/A over C-12 used last season. Container says to drain carb after each use? Ok, what about the pump, regulator, lines, etc. Is this really necessary? I was thinking of draining and then running some 93 pump gas thru at idle to purge the Q16 but then where am I at when I go to the next race? My race schedule is about every third weekend.
Thoughts appreciated.
Jeff
Always a good idea to run some regular unleaded fuel thru the system if its going to sit for any period of time then drain the reg fuel as well.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I never found Q16 hurt anything in the fuel system, but if it is left vented to the atmosphere for weeks inbetween races, it will lose its potency (hp) and your tuneup will be off. If you got the means, its best to drain it though, and I will be doing that this year.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the input. This is what I am thinking I am going to do, I'll drain the carb and lines from the regulator and cap the tank vent. Then from the reg to the tank is air tight so it should be ok sitting three weeks at a time b/t races and the carb that is open to air is empty. If something shows signs of discontent during the season I'll have to re-think the plan but here's a start.
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts