Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this. I've got a sbf w/AFR225's and I'm going with 3/8" pushrods but they won't fit into the guideplates that came with my heads. Should I just clearance them for the thicker pushrods or do I have other options? Don't think it has anything to do with it but it's a 9.5 deck Windsor with a solid roller and I'm running stud mount rocker arms.

·
Registered
637 Posts
What did the heads come with? It sounds like you just need to change to 3/8 guide plates. If they are already 3/8ths I don't know what to tell you, but you cant just grind on the plates cause then you will grind thru the hardness and everything will wear itself out in no time.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know there were guideplates for different size pushrods. The guideplates I have came off my 205's and I was going to use them on my 225's. Guess I talk to AFR and see if the offer a guideplate for the 3/8 pushrods. Any parts dealers or engine builders on here have a set or can get me a set?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If you've got the tools you can increase (grind) clearance for 3/8. The 3/8 guide plates are not that expensive if your not inclined to do it yourself.

Blessings.......Ron.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts