Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pushing oil out of the dipstick/distributor. Can I put a cap on the dipstick tube? Would it push out somewhere else? I hope a vacuum pump is my fix but if it is i dont have the money for it right now. Any tricks?

·
Registered
756 Posts
yea use a evac. they work well. also lokar makes a locking oil dipstick now. fn sweet.

·
Registered
916 Posts
a short piece of rubber hose on the tube and stick holds it ,if it doesnt you got alot of pressure!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
IMO you have some serious blowby issues that need addressed if its blowing oil out with evacs hooked up.

I would do a leakdown and find out whats wrong before I tried to bandaid it by sealing the dipstick up.

It will find some place to blow the pressure out no matter what you do with the dipstick.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Hone it, get piston clearances right...gas port pistons....you are losing power past the rings...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have a moroso evac system
Are you running the header evac kit with mufflers or exhaust?

If so the back pressure from the exhaust may not allow the evac kit to work.

Take the hoses off the breathers and plug the valves off at the collectors and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok guys thanks going to track tomorrow.The motor is not new but only has maybe 20 passes on it since a rebuild year and half ago

·
"Big Al" Sargent
7,472 Posts
Drill a hole in the dipstick handle...put a spring between the hole and something down below the handle, so the spring has tension on it.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You should not have that much crankcase pressure. I have started using brake booster valves in valve covers and connecting them by hose. On my stocker, we're not allowed an evac, but I tee'd them into the 3/8 vacuum fitting at the base on the carb. That replaced the breathers I had on it. Worked out good !

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can get an electric smog pump off of an LT1 Camaro or Firebird, and attach your crankcase breather hose to the inlet of it. It won't produce enough vacuum to see a noticeable HP gain, but it sure as hell helps out with oil leaks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts