Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm having my first experience with push-lock hose and it's being a real bitch to get on the fittings!..any tips, or advice? thanx in advance...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put the hose in the vise just tight enough to hold it in there (dont crush it) and then start the fitting by hand and smack it the rest of the way in with a rubber mallet. If its a 45* or 90* fitting then I put a wrench on the little lip above the barbs before the bend and smack the wrench.

Sounds brutal but it works, especially on the smaller stuff that is harder to get on.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Heat the hose w/ a heat gun
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Motor oil works the best, hold the hose towards the end so that there is no chance of the hose buckling. Use 1 fluid motion, if you stop your stuck. If you are putting a straight fitting on, hold it hip high and push up against a solid surface. If it is a 45 of 90, hold the tube bend lightly in a vice where the flange section of the fitting is solid against the jaw of the vise and push from there. A heat gun is a bad idea, you take too much of a chance on damaging the hose, remember the hose is only rated to take 212 degrees.....

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts

Motor oil works the best, hold the hose towards the end so that there is no chance of the hose buckling. Use 1 fluid motion, if you stop your stuck. If you are putting a straight fitting on, hold it hip high and push up against a solid surface. If it is a 45 of 90, hold the tube bend lightly in a vice where the flange section of the fitting is solid against the jaw of the vise and push from there. A heat gun is a bad idea, you take too much of a chance on damaging the hose, remember the hose is only rated to take 212 degrees.....
Ive never seen a heat gun that gets to 212 degrees though?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
A trick i use it to carefully put the end of the hose in a vice and squeeze it together a couple times. Loosens it up. Then i push the hose on the fitting with the fitting against a piece of wood or other solid surface.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

never had a problem,I must just be good?

·
Administrator
136,854 Posts
Pot of water
Put dish soap in and mix
Put tip of hose in for a minute
Push on to the fitting

Water evaporates and soap dries..

Have fun...

·
Roll Tide!
2,630 Posts
heat gun + lubricant = success... Just use your brain and don't burn the hose with the heat gun.. Jeez.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts