Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worked with and owned a bunch of plate and fogger systems. I just bought a motor with 2 foggers and a viper system. I know nothing about them. can u guys help? what should it be the 1 2 or 3rd kit or does it matter? tune like a fogger as far as fuel pressure and jet spread go? use regualer fogger jet numbers? any help or info at all would be help full. Real excited to try. And steve will be coming your way soon for a 4th

·
6,816 Posts
yes tune like a fogger my buddy here power mad uses it on the 3 rd system its is awesome

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Depends on who builds the plenum kit. On the whole, most plenum kits (some, but not all), flow a touch less nitrous, than a hardline port system, so you may need more spread, or less fuel. Flow differences have to do with the volume, or size of the runners in the plenum. Most all use alum bar stock of some kind, but the bores in this stock seem to vary from builder to builder. Some, such as Fulton and SpeedTech, use stainless tubing, so bottom line, all plenum kits are NOT the same.

As far as hitting harder, that is usually a result of the plenum kit being a long way from the port. Allows time for the charge to atomize better, which usually makes it hit harder than a low nozzle kit.

Monte

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
We have no experience with either YET, but soon will, as Steve Johnson is mailing my 665 Brodix Intake back to me today. We have initially set up the 1st stage as the Punisher, with 2nd & 3rd stages set up as Foggers. Car is a '69 Camaro 3025# stock front suspension with old style ladder bar Glide with 1.80 1st & 3.89 rear gear & 33 x 10.5W tires. Combo with 34N 1st stage fogger has been 4.93 @ 143 & 7.67 @ 179 with 1.16 60'.

I'll report back in a few weeks, after we get some seat time testing. I think the Punisher has a 30N24F to start with. And yes, I hear the Punisher hits very hard...

Great informative post, Monte.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
on a small tire i will differ and say you might not wanna hit the plenum off the line unless you dont make very much on motor, they dont call them by violent names for nothing......

·
Super Moderator
12,158 Posts
This is really the usual nitrous question.... It has more then one correct answer. :p

I have small tire cars that leave on the Punisher as well as small tire cars that use it as there third too..

The plenum systems do hit harder then most any nozzle system jet for jet. The point of discharge is not what I have found to be the reason for the hard hit. Unlike most any other plenum system ours discharges the nitrous and fuel further down the runner then any other and still hits very hard.

The hard hit is really more do to the same reason as a plate system hits hard. Very quick response time !! When the solenoids open they are damn near connected to the jets. ;) Short bars and the jets right at the bars...

Hope this helps.. SJ

·
Registered
473 Posts
Has anyone seen a plenum style kit on a single 4bbl manifold.

·
I kill parts
10,372 Posts
Has anyone seen a plenum style kit on a single 4bbl manifold.
None of the kits mentioned could logically be fitted into a single 4 plenum w/o signifigantly blocking air/fuel flow from the carb. - No real reason to do so either, with the distribution available from a good cross bar or diffuser type plate.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
None of the kits mentioned could logically be fitted into a single 4 plenum w/o signifigantly blocking air/fuel flow from the carb. - No real reason to do so either, with the distribution available from a good cross bar or diffuser type plate.
only one it might work on that new dart box intake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts