·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's what I have for motor...
383 Small block chevy
Callies crank
Carrillo 6” rods
JE/SRP pistons (10.5-1 compression for pump gas)
Comp Cams custom solid roller (.571/.577 lift)
Comp Cams lifters
1.5 rollers with stud girdle
AFR 195 heads
Edelbrock Super Victor intake
Pro Systems 780 carb
MSD 6AL
MSD Dist/coil

What I added this year...
NOS Cheater kit with an HVH plate and 150HP jets in it.
MSD retard/start box

Max I want to run is 180HP, but the 150's are in it (not sure if the 180 would make that much of a difference?).
I REALLY want to run pump gas if possible on the bottle. What are some thoughts here? If it's feasible, how much timing do I need to pull? It has 38* total right now (not locked out, it's all in by 1,500RPMs). What plugs/etc. should I run? Any other info I should know?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
with the total of 38 on true hess id would say pull out 4 and try and work it back in. you probaly could run 2 taken out on 93 but try it alittle safer first. also when using pumpgas cylinder pressure iv found to be very critical especially with timing and plugs. the only other suggestion is to put a slightly cooler plug init aswell. everyone has there preference but i like the ngk series R5671A-(7-10) 10 begin the coolest(try an heat range of 7/8 mayb). and with the nitrous system you are using are you running a out of the box tuneup? i beleive the hvh spacers use a NX style spray bar init with your nos solenoids what fuel pressure are you planning on runnig it at?

my bigblock iv shot 225 on real 93 for a while and lived to tell about it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ok, here's what I have for motor...
383 Small block chevy
Callies crank
Carrillo 6” rods
JE/SRP pistons (10.5-1 compression for pump gas)
Comp Cams custom solid roller (.571/.577 lift)
Comp Cams lifters
1.5 rollers with stud girdle
AFR 195 heads
Edelbrock Super Victor intake
Pro Systems 780 carb
MSD 6AL
MSD Dist/coil

What I added this year...
NOS Cheater kit with an HVH plate and 150HP jets in it.
MSD retard/start box

Max I want to run is 180HP, but the 150's are in it (not sure if the 180 would make that much of a difference?).
I REALLY want to run pump gas if possible on the bottle. What are some thoughts here? If it's feasible, how much timing do I need to pull? It has 38* total right now (not locked out, it's all in by 1,500RPMs). What plugs/etc. should I run? Any other info I should know?
careful when playing around .07x jet with srp pistons...they are very unforgiving if the tune up is wrong.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running about 9PSI for fuel pressure. Right now it's an Aeromotive A1000 pump up to an Aeromotive A2000 regulator that feeds both the carb and the NOS solenoid. Yes, it's an out of the box setup. This is my first nitrous setup so everything is a little new to me. I just hate having to put 110 in it. I've made a handful of passes with it as is on 110, but I'd really like to run 93 if possible.

nitrousking,
Like I said, I'm new to nitrous, so I'm not sure what you're saying in your post? Are you saying I need to be carefull with the current jets I have in it on pump gas, or even with 110?

As it sits now with the passes I have made, the plugs looked great. That's with 110 though.
Please keep in mind, this is in my Jeep that we run at the sand drags which are only 300'. When we race at the sand dunes, I might go a MAX of 400', but I'm out of gear by then. Runs at the sand drags are in the mid 4 second range, so we're looking at a 5 second max time I might be on the bottle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cant help with tune up but can tell you I have spray two kits total of 250 on just 93 that was on seven plugs you could use 8 to be safe make sure you pull some extra timing out read plugs you might be able to put it back in. That was through 1/4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts