Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
update on my pump gas sbf408w. went to the track yesterday after a converter change. it's now an 8" ucc which stalled on the brake 5200. previous runs were [email protected] yesterday it went [email protected] car 60 footed 1.43 twisting pretty bad. have not seen pics yet but, starting line official told me drivers side wheel was foot and a half off the ground and other side was planted.. I guess an ARB is needed now. how much of diff is an ARB gonna make? also battling overheating issues,car was at 200 at the starting line and about 215 on the big end.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I guess I'm going to go the 8" UCC converter route myself with my 408W. I have to get a new one anyway.I hope to be running near where you are at. I do have a weld in ARB and they do help with suspension tuning. Not wasting any power twisting the body has got to help at the 60' as well as the stripe. I don't have any #s to compare because I bought my coupe with the ARB already in it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot go wrong with lenny. Converter made a nice difference, now i have others bugs to workout.

·
Registered
317 Posts
update on my pump gas sbf408w. went to the track yesterday after a converter change. it's now an 8" ucc which stalled on the brake 5200. previous runs were [email protected] yesterday it went [email protected] car 60 footed 1.43 twisting pretty bad. have not seen pics yet but, starting line official told me drivers side wheel was foot and a half off the ground and other side was planted.. I guess an ARB is needed now. how much of diff is an ARB gonna make? also battling overheating issues,car was at 200 at the starting line and about 215 on the big end.
I have some questions about your combo ? What is your header size and 1/8 mile et and mph ? Thanks

P.s good luck and the ARB will make a difference.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock block,AFR 220 heads,super victor intake,brasswell 4150 carb,howards ots cam,253,259. 624 lift,10.4 compression,c4 with 8" converter,4:10 gears.. i wonder if a custom cam would be faster. I feel cam is a little big for the motor. I shift at 6900. It traps around 7100.

·
102,312 Posts
Sweet combo.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stock block,AFR 220 heads,super victor intake,brasswell 4150 carb,howards ots cam,253,259. 624 lift,10.4 compression,c4 with 8" converter,4:10 gears.. i wonder if a custom cam would be faster. I feel cam is a little big for the motor. I shift at 6900. It traps around 7100.
Thanks for the info .!

I was just trying to see where my 408w will be as a comparison to yours and my old 393W..

my notch at 3070 with me in it went 6.80 1/8 with 10.5 393w .

good combo ! i highly recomend the ARB and a custom grind cam .

Thanks again

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is that a solid or hyd cam? what kind of chassis and supension work?
Solid roller,morel lifters cause i drive it on the street as much as i can. Stock suspension. Team Z upper and lowers, 4 cylinder springs minus one coil, strange 10 way adj shocks in stock location and soon a Team Z arb. Pinion angle is at -1.5

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will admit that I am not very track savy. Track conditions were, BAR29.18. 85.1F. Hum 85%. CALT:3659. Not sure if these are good conditions or not. Lol

·
102,312 Posts
I will admit that I am not very track savy. Track conditions were, BAR29.18. 85.1F. Hum 85%. CALT:3659. Not sure if these are good conditions or not. Lol
85% humidity? That's like trying to breath through a straw running a marathon.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
i wonder if a custom cam would be faster. I feel cam is a little big for the motor. I shift at 6900. It traps around 7100.
I guarantee it.
Your cam's not too big, it's actually too small. You could pick up power everywhere with the correct cam.

When you get time, just fill this out, and I'll email you my recommendation.
http://jonescams.com/drag-race/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts