Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have an MSD power grid. My question is should I pull all the timing at once and ramp some back in or??? What are you guys doing? Post your tune ups if you can from jet size to how your pulling the timing.. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just pull it all out on the hit and leave it? Thats how I have it but I just got it all wired up and have not been to the track.

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
all at once for me..

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I tried pulling part of it then pulling the rest after launch. The car was no quicker than just having it all out off the brake. So on mine, I pull it all right off the release of the brake.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
I pull all the first kit retard at once and ramp the other one's. It gives it a little time to get the nitrous & fuel flow stabilized before all the timing is pulled and seems to make a smoother transition from kit to kit during the pass. The timing log looks like a gradual sloping line as the kits come on instead of choppy. I have all kits on by .8 usually.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've been trying to experiment with this to try and get a better run at converter, but since I haven't been able to hook the car at all, and the problems on the 2 step, not much to say about it yet...

I have a single fogger system ramped in, pulling retard in 2 steps. 1st step retard pulled out right off brake, 2nd step retard coming on at set rpm..

Hope to experiment with this more once I get car sorted out some.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It depends on the power level and how the car can take power. On high hp level cars you don't seem to see much out of it because your fighten traction a lot of the time. On lower hp level cars it can pick them up off the brake and when secound kit comes on to keep the rpm in a upward claim. It does take a little playing with but will help on some cars... Good luck..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts