Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a programmable dig7 box and need to pull timing out to get the thing down the track. Anyway have any idea how much timing I can pull out before the dist phase gets to far out? Was thinking of pulling 10-12 degrees out on the launch.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I have a programmable dig7 box and need to pull timing out to get the thing down the track. Anyway have any idea how much timing I can pull out before the dist phase gets to far out? Was thinking of pulling 10-12 degrees out on the launch.
anything around or past 12* your running the risk of phasing the dist..timing to install a crank trigger...I ran into this issue on the dyno and was strong suggested to add a crank trigger.

·
T/S 368E
33,459 Posts

No expert, but anything that big I always phase the distributor for 1/2 the retard, just to be safe.
It only takes a few seconds, and it can't hurt.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
is this a power adder car? if its an all motor deal and your only pulling it for a second or so you should be fine, plus im assuming you are ramping it in. power adder stuff is when you get in trouble when you have a lot of cylinder pressure and lots of load on the engine. when i ran nitrous we always phased the distributor at full retard and made sure that was spot on, that was pulling like 14 degrees.

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts

Depends on the size of you cap. The bigger the cap the more you can get away with. With a Pro-Mag cap I run 15 retard at the hit and split the phase not quite in half as it runs more time without the retard. Go to MSD's site or YouTube and look at the video's on proper rotor phasing. You would be surprised how the flame will jump in that cap.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NA car
little cap.
I ended up pulling 13 degrees today with no problem. Going to get the bigger cap for next time out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts