Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving for PV on Wednesdays. Never been to Mexico before, any places to go or shit to do/or not do? Any good bars etc.??? Thanks

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
PV has lot of Americans living there year round, Just like in Canada or here in the states, If you want trouble, It's definitely there for you, BE yourself (unless you're a dick) & you'll be fine

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys! Trips booked, fly out early Wednesday morning....Hopefully I get to use my return ticket!

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
You will, Just stay along the coast....You'll be fine, People act like murders stopped here in the US for some reason or another & only think they take place in Mexico :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys! Trips booked, fly out early Wednesday morning....Hopefully I get to use my return ticket!

·
Registered
33 Posts
from a fellow canuck.... dont let the media hype scare you. most of the bad stuff is along the border. we go every year to bucerias (a small town about 1/2 hour north of PV by local bus) never have a problem. just dont be oblivious to your surroundings, follow your gut if something is sketchy and youll be fine. if your staying in downtown PV, i urge you to take a local bus north to bucerias, its a nice little place with some really good restaraunts and still retains some of the real mexico flavour (try on a sunday, its family day and the town square and beach are full of locals) go to the "red apple", a little place on the roof of a building and have the deep fried icecream.... YUM!
have fun

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
I stayed down there south of town at a resort La Jolla de Mismaloya. Very nice hotel out of the riff raff of downtown. Beautiful white sand beach right in front of the hotel. You can catch boats right in front of the hotel for a day sail etc. Good restaurants on site.

For a real treat hit this resataurant. We had a very memorable dinner there. Beautiful sunset and it sits on a cliff out over the ocean. Food was very very good. 5 pound lobster tails etc, and the atmosphere is like no other restaurant I've been in anywhere. I've sent several people there and they all raved about it.
http://www.lekliff.com/eng/weddings.php

Have fun and stay safe Amigo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
They are all here, might as well just go to L.A. Same thing and don't need a passport! :drinkers:

FWIW I wish we would just make Mexico the 51st state. Then they would all be "legal", the taxes from the added citizens would help lower the national debt, and creating infratrusture down there would create enough jobs to practically eliminate unemployment! Done deal!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
PV has lot of Americans living there year round, Just like in Canada or here in the states, If you want trouble, It's definitely there for you, BE yourself (unless you're a dick) & you'll be fine
X2. Also, leave the expensive watch and jewelry at home. Don't wear expensive clothes. It's common sense stuff. Don't draw attention to yourself and be aware of your surroundings. Don't get trashed and go staggering off by yourself at night.

·
Fords Only
4,041 Posts
i was just north of there in Mazatlan over thanksgiving, its fine. I also ventured out of the tourist areas no problemo.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Went to mazatlan for our anniversary dec 1, was great. Have not been to PV since mid 90s but we wnt to a place where they filmed the predator, great place and the booze cruise back was the best.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts