Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would the hot side of a pt 101 with a 1.0ar be to small for a 400sbc at 7000rpm? also would the decks on my dart 2's be to thin, they have been angle milled to 57cc from 64? for my 1000rwhp plans.meth fuel and would probably prefer not to use these sorts of revs but just love a sbc at 7k+.top site thanks heaps

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I was told by PTE to start with a 1.0 on a 400ci SBC. But the more I think about it, I should have gonne bigger. This is on G trim wheel. F trim Im told spols a bit faster.Im basing this on what other Turbo guys here run on 400ci +in motors to really know.. Hopefully ill be making passes in the next few months.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 1.0 A/R should be perfect for what you're trying to do. 1,000 RWHP won't even be working that set-up. I spec'd a 1.0 A/R G-trim set-up for my own 400cu. engine that can turn 8,500 rpm.

- Brian

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
It is a good starting place. You can expect to end up in a larger AR. Back pressure will tell you everything.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys,there is a second hand one floating around atm on flea bay that is local to me for $2700aud with 3hours dyno time and only a few passes on it,(supposedly!,thats all the guys reply was). allthough s/hand is worrysome

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
johny a freind of mine can hook u up-he is in australia if u are?

he gets a bit of pt stuff from time to time- price is pretty good-

he only sells new unit's

$2700.00 seems a bit high even if its had 3 hours work-its still s/hand

up to u i guess-

whats the sellers reason for selling it-

pm me and i can past it on

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the way mate! i am tryn to get on to a realistic dealer to supply me with all turbo gear ect my customers are screaming for it! its hard in aussie land sometimes lol!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is usually a reason for selling something of this nature,and usually its not good,the seller didnt state the reason for sale:smt084

·
Registered
100 Posts
The high price is because it's a Turbonetics turbo, not a Precision. I have a 101mm Turbonetics for sale as well, selling it due to dropping down to mod st (88mm) don't have the $ to compete with the Pro St guys.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
^^ i dont know if its true-but i keep hearing that higher end hp turbonectics stuff just dont last long-

i dont know if its got to do with being too big or small

or oil problems

or not enough wastgates-

i seen and heard of 1 incident that it damage's the turbo shaft

Any truth to this guy's

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
The high price is because it's a Turbonetics turbo, not a Precision. I have a 101mm Turbonetics for sale as well, selling it due to dropping down to mod st (88mm) don't have the $ to compete with the Pro St guys.

^^ whats the difference between mod and pro street

cant be that much of $$$ difference-

I could be wrong

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
100 Posts
To be up the top in Pro St means a full on package - not only engine but chassis and drivetrain. Mod St can back it down a fair bit - just on engine alone with maintainence Pro St looking at Tit/Inconel valves, bigger spring rates, alloy rods. Mod St can run steel components and a smaller cam and still run near the front. Chassis is another massive area, check out the breakages just from the cars running a couple of weeks ago at the WSID bracket meeting. Mod st cars pretty much came away unscathed, Tristan's pro st capri is going to need some serious $ thrown at it to repair it from the wheelstand. Another Pro car is looking at a hefty engine rebuild, and yet another Pro car is getting a new shafiroff motor to get to the top. Mod St cars.... well I know Kryger is looking at another.... set of tyres! Big diff in operating costs. At the Brisbane event I know another Pro car is looking at a big engine rebuild due to valvetrain failure... again Mod St is alot more affordable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh and with regards to the failure rate of Turbonetics gear.. I think it happens to all of them. Heck look at all the threads about the new billet Precision gear failing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey cb75,pro st and mod st,imo. pro is a car that can put the pwr down,and mod is just another half or standard chsis car with to much hp, Steve Athans in pro street has no probs,basic 23% 350chev,internal gated dryers,primative(so they say)mech injection and yet dollar for dollar,and mph is the fastest in aus by far! with no tit valves or alloy rods to be seen! just wait till he turns up the wick(he already has 1470 rwhp)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not running my junk in an ex-pro stock car like Athans. Big difference between a street car and a pro stock car. The new cars appearing are pretty full on, I cannot and will not compete with these guys throwing hundreds of thousands on "street" cars.
Campisi is quicker by over half a second on Athans, and his new mustang is going to be pretty damn quick. Heck even the naturally aspirated cars are quicker than Athans now. I know he has a good low maintenance combination but he's not at the top or will be within a year at his current level. I'd like to see him turn up the wick, will be interesting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am sure if someone gave steve all the tricks of camps car(the best ford has in engines,efi ect) and he only picked up half a second and a few mph he would be realy shited off,and buy the way steves car is an all steel ex super stock car.nothing like a pro stocker. but compared to a cortina i can understand your confusion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts