Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Platinum Member
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. We're all ready for qualifyin tomorrow morning over here at the Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CALI.

This is the first time i've been to this track. For those of you that haven't been to LA and the surrounding areas, here is a pic from my phone. That ridge you can barely see isnt too far off, and that ain't fog.

By the way, I'm not sure about the internet situation at the track, so I may be photo bombing this thread at night rather than while i am there. but it looks pretty nice when I drove by. Maybe make a few updates throughout the day from the tower.

:party

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Was in LA, Dana Point and San D past two weekends. My little lady asked if it was going to rain in the morning. I told her those "clouds" will be outta here by noon.. and they don't call them clouds anywhere else.. they call it smog.. :p

·
Platinum Member
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was in LA, Dana Point and San D past two weekends. My little lady asked if it was going to rain in the morning. I told her those "clouds" will be outta here by noon.. and they don't call them clouds anywhere else.. they call it smog.. :p

yeah, It doesn't smell like clouds either :rolleyes:

I had to wash my windshield after just driving through LA on the 5 a couple weekends ago

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
it's not that bad !!! ..............during certain times of the year up on monument peak i can see the ships in or around long beach harbor and catalina island

what's fun to watch at fontana is the trains stopping just to watch the races

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The best view is when your driving from the high desert down the pass. That's when you can really see the kind shitty air we get to breath everyday...

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
The best view is when your driving from the high desert down the pass. That's when you can really see the kind shitty air we get to breath everyday...

The worst view is flying out of LAX at 7:00-9:00 AM!! That shit is phucked up.. Glad all our smog goes to Canada.. :smt118

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
i was up at lake arrowhead today and then over to big bear ............the air was nice and clean and temps in the low 70's !!!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
i was planning on going to the psca race to watch but can't afford it !!!:smt088:smt088............ so i'll be checking here to see some good pics or vids !!!

·
Platinum Member
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was planning on going to the psca race to watch but can't afford it !!!:smt088:smt088............ so i'll be checking here to see some good pics or vids !!!

I will only be takin pics, but maybe there will be others with video

I don't know any of the racers out here either, so probably will just be a bunch of photos and talk about some of the guys i meet out here

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If you happen to see Gary Soulages 6 second 10.5 Lightning can you please take a picture of it & post it up! The guy has a new wrap & no one has any good pics of it! Thanks!

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
It's WAY better than it used to be! They used to have "smog alerts" back in the 80's when they told us to stay indoors. The skies were yellow and tasted like metal.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts