Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is best way to do burnout w/ auto trans (th-350)? I keep it in first gear and have heard others start in 2nd and shift to 3rd. I was also told the 1-2 shift in burnout is very hard on trans. any advice. car is footbrake car
thanks

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
Roll through the water box, get the tires wet but make try not to get any up in the wheel wells because it will drip down on the tire at the line. Start the burnout in 2nd gear and quickly shift to high because it will give you more wheel speed without putting the engine on the rev limiter. You can decide how much of a show you want to put on, but it doesn't take a lot of smoke to get the tires ready, I think it just wastes the tire. Let go of the line loc, let the car move ahead and gently lift off the throttle. Try and do the exact same thing every time to be as consistant as possible.
It's easier to do than explain....hope this helps you out.

·
Super Moderator
19,419 Posts
Since you have an autoshift trans you have no choice but to start in 1st and let it shift on its own to 2nd then to 3rd. Thats the best you can do unless you change the valve body to a manual shift.

Hutch

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
A Line Lock is your friend.
I just spin a little in the water box then pull up & hit the line lock & do a burnout in 1st gear.

!st gear will kill a set of springs and rods, not enough tire speed for the rpm made. start in 2nd and shift to high as quick as it will pull it. :rock:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
!st gear will kill a set of springs and rods, not enough tire speed for the rpm made. start in 2nd and shift to high as quick as it will pull it. :rock:
I will try that this spring when I start to race.
I just didn't think it would have enough to start the tires spinning.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Roll through the water box, get the tires wet but make try not to get any up in the wheel wells because it will drip down on the tire at the line. Start the burnout in 2nd gear and quickly shift to high because it will give you more wheel speed without putting the engine on the rev limiter. You can decide how much of a show you want to put on, but it doesn't take a lot of smoke to get the tires ready, I think it just wastes the tire. Let go of the line loc, let the car move ahead and gently lift off the throttle. Try and do the exact same thing every time to be as consistant as possible.
It's easier to do than explain....hope this helps you out.
Well said. Don't do burnouts from 1st to second gear in a turbo 350 trans.:axe:

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I have never had it help to roll thru the box myself, I put it on the far edge, when the wheel spins it tend to throw water in the wheel well any how, but have a guy brush the puddle out before you do it, surface wet, no one should be yelling DIVE, DIVE if the water is that deep.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts