Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relocating to Las Vegas soon. Actually house shopping now. We are looking at homes that are on the outskirts of town on and most of the houses we have looked at are on Propane not natural gas.

My question is I am looking for an idea of how much propane people go through a year? Hot water and heat are on propane as well as cooking of course. Being in Vegas the heat of course is not required year round, but it gets a little cool in the winter. Just looking for an idea of how much propane you use a year and where you are located. The houses are 4500-5500sq ft fwiw.

·
Registered
223 Posts
really hard to give an accurate estimate with what you've given. how many people are in the house (hot water usage) and how often you cook at home, along with age and energy rating of the appliances come into play also...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there will be four living in the home. two of our kids are coming with us, 18 and 21. One boy one girl. Cook at home probably 4 meals a week. Homes are generally 3-4 years old and many have been empty for the better part of the last year.

Obviously there are many variables but an approximation amount that folks are using is good with some of your particulars would help. We called a local supplier who told us with a 250 gallon tank you will be filling it every other month. My grand mother had a 250 gallon tank and filled it once a year, in Arkansas with a 70 year old home. Only reference I have other than my motor home. Which I usually fill once a year.

·
Registered
893 Posts
as others have said it depends on how much you use hot water and cook.i only heat with mine and go through 750-1000 a winter.the best advice i can give you is be damn sure YOU OWN the tank.if you rent,you'll be stuck buyen gas from them and most of the time pay more for it.owning the tank lets you shop for the best price.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think if we decide to buy any of these homes we will be looking at solar, for water and electricity. It is Vegas after all the sun shines a good deal of the year. But will not happen right away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts