Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to the oil additive Prolong ? haven't seen it for a couple of years now. That stuff did actually work.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it working is y it got pulled
I heard because it did work, it indeed did get pulled off the shelves. I also heard some other chemical company bought it and shelved because it was hurting their sales.
Would like to find some leftovers someplace. I look for it when ever I get the chance, but so far no luck.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I heard they were done so I bought a few extra. It has everything for the motor, tranny, differential, a/c system. I got 250k out of a sport blazer with the shitty 700R in it. NEVER had an A/C problem, gears never wined. It would have been good to use on a comercial. Water pump leaked and the wife let the radiator run dry. Drove it home after she went through a MC D's drive through instead of turning it off. It got so hot you couldn't touch the hood or lean up against the fenders and was hissing like a SOB. That was around 100k.
My mom got me the first kit for christmas and thought HA gee thanks. She kept asking about wether or not I put it in so I finally did and the rest has been great. Gay sounding testimony but I beat that blazer hard and it never let me down. Same thing with our tahoe. Didn't want to get a new one but my wife loved the new body style.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
i think you can still find it up here
no sure ill have to look
in my old 1990 1500 gmc
i put the kit in and got to 200 km
the new owner of the truck has add 190 km to it and still works
was never a very strong 1500 , had a 305 but she ran

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
still can find it here at advance auto but never bought any because i thought it was all snake oil.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I Just saw that Advance Auto Parts was clearencing them out and not restocking it. If you have one close go check it out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts