Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing Project Snow Coyote - a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Hardtop Coyote swap. It started as a basic stock Fairlane with a small block 289 and a C4 with some minor modifications to the top end of the block. I had previously done some work in adding subframe connectors, replacing floor pans, sealing interior, new carpet, adding stereo, front disc brakes, etc. The C4 kept on giving me grief with a persistent leak despite two rebuilds. A plan for replacing the C4 turned into replacing the transmission, engine, front suspension, rear suspension, exhaust, brakes, etc. Basically the entire drivetrain and then some. The idea is to keep it fairly stock looking, however, with a little bit of stance to it. I’ll be posting progress updates over a period of time until I reach the current build state, then the updates will mirror real time progress.

99%+ of the fabrication and build work is being performed by CHE Performance in Girard, PA. Great shop and owner. Highly recommended. Tuning and swap advice from Powerhouse Automotive. Body and paint by Conneaut Collision.

Here is a summary of changes/planned changes:

2016 Coyote stock engine swap
Conversion from auto C4 to manual TKO-600 5 speed
Custom Mustang II based front suspension and cross member
Custom Torque Arm rear suspension
Mini-tub with 295 width rear tires
Moser M9 9” rear end with 3.89 gears and Detroit TrueTrac Diff
Denny’s 4” aluminum driveshaft
4 corner Wilwood Disc Brakes
Dual ram air intake from inner headlight funnels
Custom aluminum fuel tank with in-tank pump
Vintage Air AC Magnum IV install
Speed Hut Gauge install
Custom Harness bar for 3 and 5 point belts
New wheel and tire package
Etc.

Here are some before pics:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the front seats have been redone, but the back seats are original including the granny plastic:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Individual stacks would look cool, and expensive, but we are doing a slight homage to the Thunderbolt by bringing a dual ram air intakes from the center headlights into a single throttle body.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Sweet car. Can't wait to see the progress

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Please shoot the mfr that welded up that exhaust.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Teardown time -

Front clip off. Drivetrain and exhaust removed. Shock towers cut out. Engine bay empty.

Anybody want to buy a 289/C4 combo or some SVO heads?

·
Registered
16,059 Posts
Cool car keep the pictures coming,looks like Mike Bowen is helping you you're in good hands with him!!!:):)His Coyote powered Maverick is awesome!!!:):)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Cool car. I worked on a 62 Fairlane for my brother last year. He is planning on a Coyote and 6R80 combo for his. We did the Rod & Custom front end and ended up doing a full back half to fit some 315 tires. I sure wish his car started out that clean. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blasted and primed the underbody:

Then started on the minitub:

Cut it to the framerail and tried 275 width Nittos:

And realized we could get away with 295/55R15 M/T ET Streets with a little notching of the framerail up front:

Then put it back together:

And then a little paint:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts