Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Asphalt Cowboy
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a good friend brought this project over and wants us to pull the old motor and drop his built sbc with a 671 super charger on it so heres what i got so far, waiting on him to drop the motor off.

Should be a fun project :smt103

·
Asphalt Cowboy
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, i got to clean the inside for him its a lil mildewy but this thing will be kick ass when we are done

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's different that's for sure...

·
Registered
418 Posts
There isnt much room in that engine compartment. Clearing an oil pan around the k member and rear steer will be issue number one. Good luck with that project.

·
Registered
762 Posts
A friend of mine that used to own Rizzolli Competition Design in Md. Had an SL coupe, I believe, that had a blown small block in it. All tube chassis, really cool car. It was on Car Crafts cover at one time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
damn and i was just trying to figure out how to get an LS motor in my clk and still keep the comforts still working.....looks like an project....good luck

·
Registered
11,514 Posts
I think a front sump would fit better. Why not comb the wrecking yards for a late model Mercedes engine, a 6.3 AMG V8 would go plenty fast in there.

·
They call me HateTank
2,836 Posts
I think a front sump would fit better. Why not comb the wrecking yards for a late model Mercedes engine, a 6.3 AMG V8 would go plenty fast in there.
X1000 All the Benz accessory's would almost bolt right up too.Except for the cost of the Benz engine compared to a SBC or even a BBC that would be the route I would go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely watching. My Dad has the same year 380SL and if that engine ever goes out.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts